Character Models

FabledOne

The Warrior seems to be a bit unpopular, but I like him because he so fits the way you have to play him in G4. He's this dorky-looking guy in goggles who looks like he'd be better off coming up with tactics than trying to fight an army solo, and while everyone else is commanding hordes of monsters or setting enemies on fire, he is completely outmatched by everything he faces. Yet this makes his every victory an honorable one, obtained by tactical skill rather than supernatural force, and in my opinion makes him the most fun to play of any character in any Geneforge game. I also like him because the default name "Tristam" completely fits him--Tristam was the second-best of Arthur's knights, and our own Tristam is second-best in every way, but still a hero.

I've personaly always like the the High Fighting/Low Magic stlye and thier graphics. Most people seem not to like it but its my first choice every time. I like the 2 for different reasons. The Guardian 3 looks like a leader. Sort've like someone who's powerfull but tends to stay in the command center and lead an army(like say Alwan). Dakro to me has gone to military school and studied battles from books. A "Gentlemen". I think he represents the shapers in that regard pretty well. Tristram, on the other, looks like a vetaren. Someone who dosen't know any fancy tactics but instead relies on pure instinics and sheer willpower. In that regard he repreasnts the rebals pretty well. The 1-2 Guardian is just awfull. He dosen't even have a face!

The Shaper/Shaper3/Lifecrafter graphics are Good/Great/Awfull. The 1-2 one to me looks like a down to earth reashecher. I never hated it, but never perticularly liked it either. The GF3-4 one is great! To me it looks like a up-tight smart-donkey. I think its the best out of the all of them. I don't know if I alone in this, but the lifecrafter Graphic looks like its from the far east or something. And did anyonr else think of the Sholai when you saw that?

The Infiltraitor/Agent is tied to me. When I look at them, I see the Agent as a diplomat, reiling on intuition and cunning. I see the Infiltraitor as someone who reilies on equipment, skill, and a little luck. They both show the rebals/shapers good

When I look at the shocktrooper, I see a lifecrafter. I think the Shock Trooper should'ov been the lifecrafter and be replaced with something that looks alittle more violent.

As for the Servile, I personly beilive we should've had a difference between a lifecrafter servile and a laborer servile. But it stills looks better than the old serviles

Originally Posted By: feo takahari
The Warrior seems to be a bit unpopular, but I like him because he so fits the way you have to play him in G4. He's this dorky-looking guy in goggles who looks like he'd be better off coming up with tactics than trying to fight an army solo, and while everyone else is commanding hordes of monsters or setting enemies on fire, he is completely outmatched by everything he faces. Yet this makes his every victory an honorable one, obtained by tactical skill rather than supernatural force, and in my opinion makes him the most fun to play of any character in any Geneforge game. I also like him because the default name "Tristam" completely fits him--Tristam was the second-best of Arthur's knights, and our own Tristam is second-best in every way, but still a hero.

That was beautiful *sobs and wipes away a tear*.

Nebulan thinks that the shaper in G1 was more, well, how one describes a shaper.

G3 shaper graphic was very fru fru...definitly feminin.

The G1 & 2 gaurdian was better as a general local gaurd.

The new servile Neb personaly dislikes. They were better as those hunched over guys in the dark robes with red trim, they were kinda...well...cute.

Originally Posted By: Aniruddha
I made faces at the new guardian when I saw him, but now I've got used to it - after all, there should be some difference between him and a local guard, isn't it?

Aye, but what was the need to change the shaper graphic.
To fix the unbroken or because all the other graphics had changed.

You know, If you look at the new schreenshots for G5 you can see a Shaper agent. He saw that graphic didn't need to be changed...

• 1 month later...

Luckily the new shaper graphics and the old shaper graphics are spaced out the same. If you wanted to change it all you would have to do is copy all the shaper graphics from the G1 or 2 data folders and paste them in the 3 or 4 data folders.

Switching out the old servile graphics would be a bit trickier since they are spaced differently, last checked.

That is all.