Just Another Poll

Xelgion

G1. Why? It had the best feel. When you climbed out of the water and found that deserted inn there was a real feel of "I'm the last guy in the world"

Plus the Serviles were brilliantly done, as were the servent minds. And the plot was perfect. My only complaint is that as the least advanced of the Geneforge games it didn't have many spells.

Interesting, I didn't play the 3rd one because I never had the time and I don't really want to, but yeah the 2nd one was great, although the fourth one rocked. or maybe i liked it because my Servile was uberness. Either way it ruled. and just like Ardin said Geneforge 1 did give you the feel, although I am not sure whether it was the atmosphere or the lack of BGM

Remember: Gloves of Savagery are the best artifact in the game!

G1. Charm, atmosphere, simplicity, enjoyable enough for countless playthroughs, and no consequences for canister usage.

G2 is good, just not quite as much.

G4 does have a much better engine, the shock trooper, and quite a few interesting fights, but the knowledge that I have to slog my way through the fens only to find the rebels doing nothing to fend off the Shapers in Burwood and the fact that it doesn't run properly on my computer completely ruins the replay value.

And Dikiyoba just didn't like G3.

G1 Edit-finished it completetly and think its very good especially like that geneforge improves you a lot but still G4 is better for me

G2 like possibility of many fractions to join

G3 like Alwan and Greta

G4 biggest game with lots of quests more characters to chose from(like servile and shock trooper)creation sistem better...shortly everything is better so G4 gets my wote.

I agree some-what with Dikiyoba

Geneforge 1 felt cold and boring, so i didn't like it, also very few spells and creations but a good plot i must say and feels rewarding when gotten the Guardian Claymore

Geneforge 2, is a good game but i felt that the beginning was a pain. The number of fractions was beautiful but a little overwhelming.

I did not like Geneforge 3, probably because Geneforge 4 had a lot of what it had and more, but it had completely different game play than the first 2 and you can forge items in this one!

Probably the one people thought was awesome until Geneforge 4 came along.

Geneforge 4, beautiful, strong, has my favorite class, And is so big it has 2 world maps, also it has good artifacts but not overpowered artifacts. And with fights like the Titan and the Experimental Unbound this game is truly a masterpiece. Oh and who could forget YOU DON'T GET ENCUMBERED BY THE THINGS YOU CARRY BUT BY THE STUFF YOU WEAR!

THERE IS NO NEED TO YELL!

Anyway...

G1- it has a wonderfull feeling to it. Sort of like you are alone in the wilderness, but sort of not. The lack of other creations didn't affect me at all, though. That plot is great.

G2- This has its own feeling. You are all alone, wondering and waiting to join someone...or not. Or "joining" someone to get there stuff, then kill them...

The plot/s are quite interesing.

G3- Poor game. Not a very good plot. But the feeling to this game is very good. It too is hard to explain, but it is like being isolated...and you must pick a choice. The music really helps, and the third (and biggest) island is the best one.

G4- Great, fun, big, more things to choose from, let me actually get into blessing magic, and the plot is okay. There wasn't much of a feeling, however.

Here's something odd. In G4 you get the Puresteel Soulblade as this great reward, and it has a couple of nice bonuses, but its damage is 15-75. That's not much more than the Guardian Claymore or Oozing Blade, and so the acid or the different bonuses of the Claymore may make these other weapons better for you. Acid in particular is good because it builds up over a long fight.

But Guardian Koerner in Poryphra drops a plain Puresteel Blade that does 20-100 damage, or at least the game says it does. That's enough more damage that it can make a big difference.

Hmmm........................

Well SoT does have a point I guess but the claymore does 11-55 and gives 2 str. to the person and creation, as well having 2 Q.A. while the soul blade does 15-75 and gives 2 parry and one Q.A. for me strength wasn't a problem with items like the talisman of might and the gloves of savagery. So, if you discount the Str boost to the person, thats now 11-55 dm, plus 2 Q.A. and creation str boost by 2 V.S 15-75 plus 1 Q.A. and 2 parry.

I think the claymore is more useful for Warriors/ Guardians and Shock Troopers rather than a Servile. So i guess what im trying to say is that some swords are useful for different people, or at least thats what i think. and for the Puresteel blade 20-100 dm is a little much, you honestly don't need that much damage to survive, the only time i found it necessary is when facing Matala and the Titan. Also the Puresteel Soulblade isn't the sole best reward, the Omnicharm and the blade makes it the ultimate reward.

But what really strikes me as confusing is that the reward for clearing the Popryia city is the Viper Blade, while to do the quest you have to kill a person who drops a better sword. confused .

Starman 1985 I don't see a durrr maybe you read the wrong topic smile

Sorry for the space taken. cool

Durrr I edited Durrr heh sorry, though saying durrr wasn't the spelling errors im talking about, im talking about when people misspell infiltrator by saying infiltraitor and people comment about it non-stop. Stupid things like that.

Hey Starman 1985 you misspelled Slaughtering. Heh "Slaurtering Servile" :p

Hypocritical ass......."get used to it"

now lets end this trend of of insults and get back to the topic of this thread.

• 3 weeks later...