Teleportation spell idea

My idea is teleportation spells. Their be a short range teleportations spell that would only teleport you in your PC or creation line of sight (not commrades).

For long range (another area) teleportation you would need to use a teleportation pad or have a teleporation buoy. If you use a teleportation pad you could only teleport to another teleportation pad. Useing the teleportation pad would not require knowing any spell or use any essnces (this would be provided by who are what ran the teleporation pad). A teleportation buoy would be a creation you have to shape, it have almost no attack and health. You go to the area you wanted to then have it take root. Next time you use your long range teleportation spell it will ask you what buoy, in the form of a map, you want to teleport to.

A long range teleportation spell would probably not work so well, since Geneforge already has a way of moving vast distances i.e. cleared areas.

The only usefull application the bouys would have, would be to be able to skip directly to an area within an area i.e. a cave; or in some special areas. This would probably not merrit the effort to code such things.

A short range teleportation spell would have some tactical advantage, but would be too powerful, since it would just basically give more AP whithin a fight. Giving it a higher AP cost than normal spells would also make it useless.

And outside of combat it's not needed, unless to skip past turrets, which would just take away some of the hard won bit of stealth play that Geneforge has managed to accumulate.

Who said anything about every battle?

(I was thinking mainly of turret/pylon situations, where dumb creations tend to run up suicidally in full range of all present.

(Edit: Dumb creations also includes general hangers-on, sappers and other so-called helpers, ...)

(Admittedly, Alwan is not really dumb as he can be controlled, that was just a mean sideswipe at a character I don't like.))

Quote:
(I was thinking mainly of turret/pylon situations, where dumb creations tend to run up suicidally in full range of all present.
I never make creations without atleast two points too intelligence. So I don't need shortrange teleport spells. (Which would be nice for going through doors...) But as for long range, I could use that. If it was a lever which would take you somewhere.

For one reason or another... :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:
I don't think Jeff will add a teleportation spell because it would allow you to bypass his minefields. He is supposed to make them more interesting in GF4.
Good point. The spell could be used only on items. to teleport them in a friendly city -- maybe in a room for this purpose.

This was the idea of Student of Trinity, right?