change shaper graphics?

I just thought seen as I havent started a thread I might aswell and since I posted in "A few advance notes on geneforge 4" a wish to have the shaper as a drakon i thought id ask if anyone knows how to do it and give me quite a detaild (detaild enough for a 13 year old) description on how to do it???

P.S. i thank you for reading this post and if you help i thank you even more smile

Quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:
I don't have any of the GFs so I don't know the exact steps, but I do know the gist of it.

Change the name of the shaper graphic files to that of the drakon graphic files.
DO NOT do this. Drakon graphics do not have the same number or configuration as Shaper files. Instead, someone could copy-and-paste a corresponding or similar Drakon picture into each of the Shaper graphic boxes.

Changing the template number in the script alone wont give the desired effect. As said earlier the Drakon graphic is larger than the Shaper graphic.

It would take more work than it's worth to make a PC Drakon, and since all shapers (including the PC) share the same template all Shapers would become Drakons.

Altering PC graphics requires lots and lots of time, but nothing more advanced than MS Paint.

Doing something like giving the agent long swaying hair, or the townspeople potbellies would be easier and more worthwhile. It's also fun to change static graphics (I did the boat). No reason not to turn blood pools into banana peels and impaled skulls into colorful balloons.

There are other more profane things one can do to the graphics that I have chosen not to describe.

Well, first of all I have done this before so it is possible.

2nd go to gf3itemschars.txt

And replace the old shaper thing with this

begindefinecreature 0;

cr_name = "Shaper";

cr_graphic_template = 85; //110

cr_max_health = 20;

cr_max_energy = 20;

cr_max_essence = 10;

cr_regen_rate = 2;

cr_energy_regen_rate = 2;

cr_walk_speed = 24; //base_speed;

cr_base_level = 1;

cr_sound_when_slain = 127;

Now to the right of the 85 is 110 which is the shaper graphics so when you don't wont drakon graphics you can just swap 85 with 110.

3rd It will change the size to make it right.

4th Good luck.

5th My first post!!!! And I already need to edit.

6th (what I missed)Adding a sword or a baton will change the graphics from a drakon. (I forgot what it changed to.)

llama -- Your recent flurry of posts has elevated to the level of spam. Desist or your membership privledges will be suspended indefinitely.

More on topic, changes of graphics can be fun at first, but really lose their coolness factor after a while. Of course, if you are easily entertained, have fun!

Quote:
Originally written by Major:
Well, first of all I have done this before so it is possible.
2nd go to gf3itemschars.txt
And replace the old shaper thing with this
begindefinecreature 0;
cr_name = "Shaper";
cr_graphic_template = 85; //110
cr_max_health = 20;
cr_max_energy = 20;
cr_max_essence = 10;
cr_regen_rate = 2;
cr_energy_regen_rate = 2;
cr_walk_speed = 24; //base_speed;
cr_base_level = 1;
cr_sound_when_slain = 127;
Now to the right of the 85 is 110 which is the shaper graphics so when you don't wont drakon graphics you can just swap 85 with 110.
3rd It will change the size to make it right.
4th Good luck.
5th My first post!!!! And I already need to edit.
6th (what I missed)Adding a sword or a baton will change the graphics from a drakon. (I forgot what it changed to.)
This makes all NPC Shapers into Drakons, and oddly my PC Shaper is a Drakon in the icon in the upper left corner, but the walking character itself is an Eyebeast.

"The graphics template number has 1 or 2 added to it when carrying weapons I believe, hence the gazer/eyebeast" Yes, that is one of the disadvantages of being something else

Dolphin. artificial orange explained that smile

so I don't have to! ( I referred to this in my first post.)

"More on topic, changes of graphics can be fun at first, but really lose their coolness factor after a while. Of course, if you are easily entertained, have fun!" Yes, that is why I don't have drakon graphics on all the time.