Learned Pinner's Getaway

untitled8ws1.jpg

Geneforge 2. Medab.

This is my Agent, standing on Pinner's private dock. The first time you come back here, a dialogue describes it as being ready for a quick escape, or something to that effect. Pinner would, in time of crisis, flee into the river that cuts diagonally across the game map. Look out there in the water, above the cursor. Four blue tiles. The kind that take you to the game map and to another area when you step on them. Medab does not have another readily apparent north exit. Hmmm.

I have not looked at the game's script to see if this does anything ... but it'd be a nice little easter egg, right? The game map does have plenty of room north of Medab, where the two rivers join. Now, if I could only get a boat. Or leap into the water.

I mean, look. It's not there for no reason.

• 1 month later...

Well let's see...

In G1 you landed on Sucia Island after your Drayk boat gets sunk by a mysterious boat . And for a while, yor looking for a boat to get you back to wherever.

In G2 there wasn't much but the bridges.(And i'm not sure if that counts).

In G3 a boat was your only way to get from island to island.

It makes me wonder if the shapers have flying boats on the mainland.

Most travel was by boat presumably because GF1 and GF3 were set on islands. This, of course, is because it is far easier to have an isolated map with clearly defined borders when it is surrounded by water (or mountains, in case of GF2).

There was a BoE article complaining how most scenarios are set in valleys or on islands. I forget what alternatives it offered, though...

• 2 weeks later...