geneforge3 using enhancements

perhaps one of you good people can give me some info. just starting g3, still on greenwood isle and need some advice on enhancing. have a blessed crystal also a runed ruby. what would be a good example of using these for enhancements, [ if thats what their pupose is ]. hopefully wont have to bother you with what im sure are simple questions to you expierienced players. any advice will be GREATLY appreciated. thanx again rclear666

The Blessed Crystal and Runed Ruby aren't the best enhancement items you'll find, so put them on equipment that you expect to keep for a while but not forever. The Crystal adds a small bonus to hit if put on a weapon and a small bonus to dodge if put on a piece of armour: it's honestly not much good on either of them. The Ruby adds bonus fire damage to a weapon or fire resistance to armour: I prefer it on a weapon.

I suggest saving Reviving Crystals (on weapon), Steel Spines (on anything), and Golden Crystals (armor is best) until you get things you plan to keep for a long time. Anything else is easily replaced.

Also, you won't get any greaves better than Essence Vambraces until the last island, so don't put a low quality enhancement on them like I did. You can buy another pair from Sciolino in Dhonal's Keep if you mess up, fortunately (and find more somewhere else, I forget where).

• 2 weeks later...

Compare:

Quote:
Originally written by Randomizer on

November 3rd:

Most of the early enchantment items that you find are better off being sold so you can use the money to buy spells and training.

Quote:
Originally written by Artila Master on November 21st:

Mostly enhancements should be sold for money although you should keep some important ones...

Please, if you have nothing new to add, don't post.