Which Geneforge Game is worst?

Quote:
Originally written by Janitorial Closet:
Hmm. Why do so many of you hate G3? What is wrong with it?
This has been discussed quite a lot; have a look in the archives. Basically the problem is lack of originality ( Jeff actually admitted he got about 10 zones in, realized "hang on, I'm writing the same damn game again" - and then carried on anyway). This, coupled with the truly irritating boat travel and the comparative lack of options when compared with Geneforge 2.

Actually there were a few good things about Geneforge 3, and I still enjoy playing it on some levels. However the sheer repetitiveness of the plot makes it suffer in comparison with other spidweb games.

Edit: added hyperlink.

Quote:

Originally written by Janitorial Closet:
Hmm. Why do so many of you hate G3? What is wrong with it?
Repetitive, constricted, and poorly written. It's obvious that Jeff cut a lot of corners in GF3. I usually can not be bothered playing the game any further once I have reached the 4th island.

To summarize, GF3 lacks the atmosphere and immersive storyline presented in GF1, the freedom and new creations/spells in GF2, and the revamping that occurred in GF4.