Feedback on Dungeons

I'm new to the editor, and have been making dungeons for practice before attempting a scenario with a plot. I have two dungeons that I need feedback on. If anyone is willing to play and give constructive criticism(explain why they're bad) then post your e-mail adress. I would recommend that your party at least be level ten(I had fun with slimes). There is one bug. You have to enter one of the dungeons from the back, meaning you walk through the little cave opening and you have to walk through again. The big pillar in the middle of nowhere was an accident and I don't know how to get rid of it. There is a lot of treasure in the dungeons. wink

There's A LOT of treasure in the dungeons? Sounds quite bad. Anyway, kommari@gmail.com, or alternatively (as gmail sometimes seems to screw up received attachments), avaruussukkula87@jippii.fi.

[just received the masterpiece:]

ARE YOU UNABLE TO USE A ZIPPING PROGRAM, OR IS THIS YOUR DEFINITION OF "A FUN THING"?

Quote:
Originally written by JMAN123:
Nicothodes, I have DropStuff if you are interested, I could send it to you.

Edit.
I also have DropZip and DropTar, if those help you too.
You know as well as I do that the terminal window's C o m p r e s s command works just as well smile
I use a mac, so if it is not mac compatiable, do not send it. But if it is Mac compsdnnfjna, send it to
cowscanfly@mindspring.com

The uncertainty does seem common. Since the games/engines are available in the 2 forms it is not unreasonable for new blades players to suspect that they will be impacted. It might be nice to also make sure it is very clear at Alexandria and The Lyceum.

[EDIT] Looking at the page for BoA the scenario download are broken down into the 2 versions. So perhaps a note there on how to do graphics conversions would help as well as a sticky in the BoA/BoE forums.

The slimy cave, the monsters in the main room travel the secret passages to meat you. Use a blocked space to prevent this. I would like to see a script also for the caves. Like messages popping up saying stuff, levers to open gates, puzzles. Make it more then one story. Every slime you kill in the top (well most of them) will sink to the bottom and make more foes on the bottom (just a thought.)

Make the place bigger! With more passages. Lessen the amount of Royal Slimes. I had to use my god party laugh

Or use the command to change the creatures level to lower.

For the bandit hideout... Magical Traps in the treasure room would be cool, and some levers that do bad things. And some that do good things.

The priests in the altar room made too powerful a combination as opposed to the rest of the base. IMHO.

1. you might get rid of the pillar by changing the height. (if you click 2 times in the editor from floor to terrain to height). it shows you the height by numbers, clicking increases the height, option-clicking decreases it) so you can also get rid of the pit in the other dungeons roof

2. the dungeon with the slimes: cause it is based on secret doors, o searched all walls for more of them, could be bigger. and i looked for a wheel or lever to open the gate, which should be well hidden.

3. bandits hideout: it's rather hard to stand directly in the frontline of so many archers, but good: forces player to look for the secret door.

sign: "place items for submission into the treasure room into box"-> is my english too bad or is it an unfortunate expression?

treasure room: it's too easy to get there, only 3 kills -> there should be traps, or the bandits appear, when you open the last box.

and of course i used far sight to see, if you can get behind the walls in the north: you placed the same floor there as in the rest of the hideout, would be better blackness, so nobody would think that there could be secret doors

please correct me, my english is rather bad, if you don't understand me, ask.

Hmm... plenty to say. In the bandit hideout, most people here are right: The setup doesn't make it tough to get to (most of) the good treasure.

As for the slime cave, I agree about blocked spaces and expanding the dungeon. Two secret passages was not enough.

In general, in both places, I'd recommend more "scene-setting," i.e. make places look more lived-in, even if they're lived in by monsters. Little stuff counts, you know?