Lorn's questions

1 hour ago, Lorn said:

Thanks to all of you guys. Another question: I seem to have read somewhere that the best way to improve shaping is just to choose one shaping attribute. Am I wrong?

The way Shaping works, especially in the remakes, you are right. The most optimal way is to choose one attribute. 
That said, the normal is very forgiving. You can go suboptimal and still beat the game. It won't be as easy as if you have all your focus on one attribute but if you want an alpha meat shield along your main magic army, you can do that. 

29 minutes ago, alhoon said:

The way Shaping works, especially in the remakes, you are right. The most optimal way is to choose one attribute. 
That said, the normal is very forgiving. You can go suboptimal and still beat the game. It won't be as easy as if you have all your focus on one attribute but if you want an alpha meat shield along your main magic army, you can do that. 

Thanks. Which attribute of the three I should power up?

That's the concept of creation "control" - another topic also linked in GF1 Mutagen Strategy Central has some more details - Geneforge Mutagen Creation Mechanics - Geneforge Series - Remasters - Spiderweb Software Forums (ipbhost.com). Short version (though I generally don't play Shapers, so am not an expert) - you'll want it to be stronger than "weak" if you don't want to frequently lose control of your critters.

7 minutes ago, Lorn said:

Thanks - another question: if I pump only one skill (like the fire shaping skill) I noticed that my control over the fyora is still weak. Is "weak" enough? What am I supposed to do? 

If you increase a different attribute of Shaping, control will go up. There are a couple of canisters that would for free increase your other Shaping powers. It helps a lot.

Infestation: If you are allied with the Awakened or Servants (and I assume the others too), you get average prices. If you are allied with the Awakened, the Barzites outright refuse to trade with you. The Servants do trade with you if you are awakened.

Edited by alhoon

Posted (edited)

Another couple of questions:

1) Am I wrong or taking the leadership path, can be counterproductive sometimes? An example: Feed Control four. If I use the leadership option on Dyrell, I will never experience that piece of content. Am I wrong? Or is it just one simple option when meeting Control Four?

What happens to the xp I would be getting by exploring the place? All siphoned by the leadership option? By siphoned I mean that going to control four won't give me any exp, nor the mobs I find in that location. 

2) Is there anywhere a guide on the best equipment pieces and where to find them ?

3) I met a guy near a wall that told me to meet some people over Kazg - to meet these people, am I forced to go through the bridge? I was wondering if there is any way to actually speak with the people in the bridge having learned Sholai Before. But maybe it's not possible.

Edited by Lorn

There are a decent number of quests (and a lot of conversations) that can be resolved in more than one way.  If you resolve them one way... you generally can't resolve them the other way.  You can always save and reload to see multiple resolutions, but generally you just have to pick one to move forward with, regardless of whether Leadership (or anything else) is a requirement.

Thanks Aoslare.

I've got another question - I was gifted the baton to clean the mines. I noticed that it works for green and purple mines.

But I've found an area where the baton didn't work. 

Am I supposed to have more than the grey baton to clean them all ?

Posted (edited)

1) I will rephrase - the mine have the same color but the grey baton doesn't work, or they will "resist". Suggestions?

2) I've got a strange question - hopefully someone will be able to help. I met a sholai band that was in a camp, but I forgot to make a note of the location.

The sholai were all around a fireplace and the area where they were (of the map, not of the global map) was bottom left? I wanted to go there after learning sholai, but after checking every map I'm not able to find it at all.

3) Ascended Sessina - I killed the cockatrice and got two chests + the cockatrice canister. I'm wondering - is there any way to reach the unreachable chest? 

Edited by Lorn

2) Was the cam p in a zone with a bridge? There are two army Sholai guard camps near bridges between the Obeyer and Taker areas and when you deal with one, both become abandoned.

3) That chest was deliberately inaccessible. It follows a long tradition games of inaccessible loot. Although some people developed a cheat to look and confirm the chests were empty

33 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

2) Was the cam p in a zone with a bridge? There are two army Sholai guard camps near bridges between the Obeyer and Taker areas and when you deal with one, both become abandoned.

3) That chest was deliberately inaccessible. It follows a long tradition games of inaccessible loot. Although some people developed a cheat to look and confirm the chests were empty

2) I don't remember. I will take a look though.

3) Thanks.

I've got a question - do you know which file inside scripts is related to the sealed lab location? I would like the bonus to be capped to 20, rather than the current (meager) value.

Posted (edited)

Thanks,

1) are you able to script? Because I would like to change the file given to me by Ess-eschas to remove the cap.

2) For a pure shaper, is transference robe or shaper robe the best for creations?
Because transference robe gives +2/+2/+2 to creation strength, agility, constitution
while shaper robe gives +1 to all shaping.

3) Does anyone know how to open icewalls doors? Nor the entry baton, nor the control rod work. What am I missing ?

Edited by Lorn

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 5:52 PM, Randomizer said:

Found the place. It was the dry wastes. Ironically enough, Goetscch sends you here.

Edit: I had hoped you could ask them to help you kill Goetsch. Doesn't seem like it's possible.

Edited by Lorn

45 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

3) Icewall doors open after going  into the lab to the west when you return. You'll undrstand why.  :)

I already explored the west workshop, deactivated the pylons, talked with the mind there, took the entry baton (I had one already). But these doors do not open :(

By the way, when my battle betas fight and they hit something, together with the hit (and its relative damage) the following text appears: "exploding boils".

So I get the normal damage from hit + around 150 dmg from the exploding boils on enemies. What is it? 

Posted (edited)

Yup. I didn't poke around, no. I was testing battle beta with the "retrain" command given that I've finished the game.

Okay discovered why it happened. I was fighting Ascended Alonzo. That's the only guy that does that "exploding boils" thing.

Edited by Lorn

There are a few more enemies with exploding boils. Yeah, they tend to stop melee builds hard. But it's the only thing in GF2 that makes me (with my unpopular opinion) not see melee as the end-all be-all of strategies for GF2-I. Everything else has some more frequent problem. (barring the challenge zones, but those are challenge zones, so)

Used this mod for my playthrough. Thank you, I appreciated it.

Another QoL change should be that if you get a canister, you can still get 2xtraining from the shops. It seems to me that I wasn't able to get the second one for create fyora, given that I had already used a canister, but I may be wrong. 

13 hours ago, Randomizer said:

All characters start with a level in fyora. It's the same with fireboat and minor heal.

13 hours ago, Slariton said:

You are wrong.  The levels of training that you begin the game with, which includes Create Fyora and Firebolt (and I think Minor Heal) count as purchased levels, not canister levels.

So there is no way to get 2xtraining for Fyora from shops ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lorn said:

In my playthrough, Isserm (the drakon in the taker icelands) dropped nothing. Intended?

If you mean Issera, then you do not take away anything of value. I'd say you "took away her life," except that had no value either. Oh well.

Edited by Hyperion703

Great - another question. I sabotaged

the radiant college with the acid stuff. I noticed though that I would take a constant acid damage for 6 turns no matter where I went. I think the acid damage is too steep. It should start with little, and improve the more you stay in the place

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lorn said:

Great - another question. I sabotaged

Hide contents

the radiant college with the acid stuff. I noticed though that I would take a constant acid damage for 6 turns no matter where I went. I think the acid damage is too steep. It should start with little, and improve the more you stay in the place

If it's the area I'm thinking, it's magical radiation or something like it. Supercharged particles make ya hop and skip. A similar area in the Complex Core with Tuldaric does the same thing. And some places you prolly haven't been yet. Yeah, it's a thing.

You need to get yourself a solid Essence Shield. Then you'll be able to withstand anything

Edited by Hyperion703

@Lorn

Friendly mod request: please stop posting random questions in completely unrelated topics.  I've moved a bunch of them here.  It's OK to post these questions

- in this topic

- in a new topic made for that question

- in an existing topic where your question is closely related

This makes it easier for other people to find information here.  Thanks!

59 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

Regenerate (Fixed Your Thought)

Or Regen, depending on your chosen career choice. The homicidal nonaligned Agent in me swears by her e-Shield, while my damn megalomaniacal Barzite Shaper rocks the Regen. Not sure what my surprisingly death-prone Awakened Guardian would do. Probably just die. From something stupid like roamers or something. Not jiving with that dude...