GF2-I: Quests old and new [Spoilers]

Some infernal like Teriel are meant to be fought when you are a few levels higher if you want an easier fight.

Teriel heals if you aren't near him. This is ti prevent agents from standing out of attack range and using airshock. Same for other foes that are in a fixed position like pylons.

Destroying summoned soul jars prevents him from getting bonuses and healing.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

Some infernal like Teriel are meant to be fought when you are a few levels higher if you want an easier fight.

Teriel heals if you aren't near him. This is ti prevent agents from standing out of attack range and using airshock. Same for other foes that are in a fixed position like pylons.

Destroying summoned soul jars prevents him from getting bonuses and healing.

What are the summoned soul jars? 

Also, if I am close to Teriel he uses some weird attack and deals a bunch of damage to me. But I will do what you suggest and I will revisit once I am 16 level. But I wanted that +1 essence mastery. :(

I have killed the Bound One before finding out that quest, so I have to kill that guy now to get that sweet, sweet +1 essence mastery. 

Edited by alhoon

Anyone managed to kill Shanti? I loaded back right before I got out of the tunnel and tried it. 
She is probably too hard for a 6th level character but it should be doable for you pros, at least in normal difficulty. I managed to get her down to below half hp before she did something that did 70 hp to my already wounded char. 

I am officially moving to Lifecrafter from Shaper: 

1. I have consumed two cannisters. 

2. I am paying a veteran in Eastern Medab to care for my Creations. (<== This is a mod I made, don't look for him).

Thus, proving that self-shaping works and refusing to simply kill my creations even if it bites me financially, I am a Lifecrafter. 

Down with Shaper Tyranny! Glory to the Rebellion! 

• 2 weeks later...

Question 1: 
I encountered Agent Phips of the Loyalists. I killed her on sight. Then I thought that I may need her for quests so I loaded, talked to her and then... lost it, got the dialogue to attack her and then I killed her again. 

I re-loaded. Just seeing her makes me want to attack her. I dislike Shapers more than I dislike rogue Vlish. 

- Is there any upside to not killing her or the Loyalists for someone already in boat with the Awakened? 

- Considering I want to read their stories, is there a downside to killing Phipps after I ask her about Shanti etc? (that's the RP part; I am looking for Shanti in my mind. Killing Shapers is a side-hassle at this point). 

Question 2: 
I will soon level up. Is there a reason to buy Battle Magic (I have searer) to more than 1, or not really and I should keep boosting my fire creations? 

I do not play Overrun yet, I play (mostly) vanila. 

Edited by alhoon

I'm assuming that you are running a Shaper with fire creations, so there is no need to boost Battle Magic when using seater. You get less damage on the initial hit, but future acid damage is based on target level so that makes no difference. The only reason to level up is if you are going to get airshock which would be several levels more of BattleMagic.

Having more powerful creations works out better since they will do more damage and have more health so they are less likely to die or go rogue.

19 hours ago, alhoon said:

Question 1: 
I encountered Agent Phips of the Loyalists. I killed her on sight. Then I thought that I may need her for quests so I loaded, talked to her and then... lost it, got the dialogue to attack her and then I killed her again. 

I re-loaded. Just seeing her makes me want to attack her. I dislike Shapers more than I dislike rogue Vlish. 

- Is there any upside to not killing her or the Loyalists for someone already in boat with the Awakened? 

- Considering I want to read their stories, is there a downside to killing Phipps after I ask her about Shanti etc? (that's the RP part; I am looking for Shanti in my mind. Killing Shapers is a side-hassle at this point). 

Any suggestions on that? 

Also, is there any downside in killing Sharon, after she made the ring for me, in a completely atrocious way? 

sagrgeb.png

And if I kill everyone in Gerth, could I continue happily to Rising, to talk with and trade with the other Barzhites? Killing every Barzhite I got my hands on outside of Gerth didn't make Gerth hostile. 

I am 15 level and the only quest I found in Gerth was by a servile. 
Also, if I move in Ghent and start smashing Barzhite heads, will the Serviles attack me too? I don't want to kill the poor creatures. I would also prefer to spare Dawn, if possible; she is too young and too enarmored with all the promises of power the Barzhites give and the promises of high society that the Shapers gave her before that. 

Honestly, the only Shaper I don't want to kill at this point, after Sharon betrayed me and started creating creatures only to kill them in painful ways as they stare confused, is that nice old Shaper with the plants in that ^#$@# place that is full of acid and poison vats. 

I will let the Takers kill that one, she has done nothing wrong, that I can see. So far. Except of propagating the Shaper Tyranny, for which I will let the Takers kill her for; I am not going to simply kill an old lady that also seems pretty weak.

Sharon the butcher has her army of 15th level 1000+ hp creations. The old lady doesn't have a single animal creation. Because she is not abusive. 

ANOTHER THING:
Why? Why the howls? I have seen absorbing of creations in GF3 and it seemed... peaceful. The Artila you break up doesn't seem to be in pain. I always thought the "1000+ damage!" and the growl as you absorb a creation of yours was simply how it was portrayed, not what it really happened.  

I didn't even want that stupid ring that much. I haven't found many mechanics "a lot" quests. I have got +1 mechanics from the book in the Maze, Tinker gloves and +1 mechanics armor. That's +4 mechanics getting me to 10 mechanics. If I find an agent cloak or agent shield (the ones that give +1 or +2 mechanics, I forget), I would be golden. 

I just jumped to do that ring cause I got the materials when I finished her grove. 

PS. At level 15, mostly-optimized, Fire-Shaper + Xander (slightly boosted Xander)  I could clear everything without any issue. The plants were ... easy. I had 4 drayks spraying everything and everywhere why my 2 Drakons chain-lightinged all the flowers near me (although they got pretty lucky with haste). 

Edited by alhoon

38 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Would it be okay for Sharon to jam creations into a ring if she made weird lobotomized versions of them first? Y'know, so they don't really know what's happening? How much different is it from sending a pig to slaughter?

If she made the creations like the machine and door creations that don't suffer, I can accept it. 

Also, it seems that none knows whether it is "safe" to start purging Barzhites and Shapers yet... 

Edited by alhoon