Torment+good ending medals (Spoiler warning!)

30 minutes ago, Amira The Hot Potato said:

Not quite what I was asking but I guess I answered my own question. This playthrough I ignored goettch, the geneforge and sholai and went straight to the boat and ending screens. Trakj found my character and killed them

How did you manage to reach the boat without being swarmed by the Sholai? I think not even Takers can do that. I honestly don't think you can ignore the Sholai, they are on your way... and if you mean "I fought them only when necessary", beating the Sholai on TORMENT without many of the quests and rewards... man that's not easy. 

Edited by alhoon

27 minutes ago, alhoon said:

How did you manage to reach the boat without being swarmed by the Sholai? I think not even Takers can do that. I honestly don't think you can ignore the Sholai, they are on your way... and if you mean "I fought them only when necessary", beating the Sholai on TORMENT without many of the quests and rewards... man that's not easy. 

There's a servant mind in the area that can help you. Might I also add I'm doing stealth and pacifist run too so it's kind of necessary to talk to it

Edited by Amira The Hot Potato

10 hours ago, Amira The Hot Potato said:

There's a servant mind in the area that can help you. Might I also add I'm doing stealth and pacifist run too so it's kind of necessary to talk to it

You still have to face Sholai IIRC. Stealth-sneaking away from them... I didn't think of that. It would require a lot of load-and-save, I guess. 

Did you do the entire map in combat mode, perhaps? 

2 hours ago, alhoon said:

You still have to face Sholai IIRC. Stealth-sneaking away from them... I didn't think of that. It would require a lot of load-and-save, I guess. 

Did you do the entire map in combat mode, perhaps? 

you 100% don't. the mind does a thing to distract them and i walked to the boat without combat mode

edit: there is still 1 or 2 that stay by the dock but I was still able to sneak by them

Edited by Amira The Hot Potato

On 7/11/2023 at 7:43 PM, Amira The Hot Potato said:

you 100% don't. the mind does a thing to distract them and i walked to the boat without combat mode

edit: there is still 1 or 2 that stay by the dock but I was still able to sneak by them

Well, thanks but I find it rewarding to smash their faces in by the time I am there, for all the grief and pain they caused me in the entire game up to there. Sholai are never "Easy" to beat. 

Also, gamewise, they killed my poor boat drayk. 

1 hour ago, Mechalibur said:

I've had Geneforge-boosted characters lose to those Sholai. Their stats are ridiculous!

Sneaking is definitely the way to go unless you need to get some anger out.

Definitely not a fun fight. After I finish my pacifist run today or tomorrow I might try to take them down cause it's been awhile

On 7/18/2023 at 10:23 PM, Mechalibur said:

I've had Geneforge-boosted characters lose to those Sholai. Their stats are ridiculous!

Sneaking is definitely the way to go unless you need to get some anger out.

Never said it was easy. The reason I dislike them is because they are, as you said, ridiculously powerful. 

If I remember correctly, I think I managed to kill them all one by one by playing a "fake pacifist" (helped by cryoas) in torment mode, detonating mines, before rushing to the exit, the cryoas blocking the way and using their passive frost ability to sometimes finish off a Sholai. But that was at the end of the game, I was very strong, and I got killed a lot, really a lot...

Edited by osnola

On 7/21/2023 at 4:00 AM, Amira The Hot Potato said:

for those that care: didnt get my medals for whatever reason but i finally completed my torment,solo pacifist run. now im going back and killing everyone for the trouble they caused me:p

As Amira reaches the boat, having snuck by armies of mutated, cannister-mad enemies, hungry drayks, rogue creations, conniving serviles, dangerous fanatics... she goes 

"Wait. No." 

And goes in a murderous rampage. 

Edited by alhoon