I lost the orb of Thralni =/

Depends upon the game. Avernum 1 needs the Orb to reach the teleporter for Erika's quest to kill Hawthorne and to recover Khoth's scroll. Avernum 2 it isn't as important except to get to a few items. Avernum 3 needs it to reach the third golem spire.

It depends how far you are in the game and which one.

The Jewel of Return can be substituted with recall crystals if you really need it.

Jewel of Recall says A3, and A3 is beatable without flight. It may be impossible to stop the golem plague, but you don't need to deal with them to get permission to access Footracer Province and move on in the game.

—Alorael, who really could see A3 as a very short game if Prazac would just send some moderately competent soldiers and wizards and such into Footracer immediately instead of the useless quarantine.

Quote:
Originally written by Memetic Cleansing:
—Alorael, who really could see A3 as a very short game if Prazac would just send some moderately competent soldiers and wizards and such into Footracer immediately instead of the useless quarantine.
Then Jeff wouldn't have needed to write the game in the first place, now would he? laugh

Hey, anyone else noticed Ephesos wrote his reply at 12:57 and then edited it half an hour earlier.

The Spiderweb forum time-space continuum must really be warped in the most unusual ways.

Btw: Arwcwb - You got killed and when you reloaded the items were not there? Or was just one of your characters killed and you continued to play? If the first, it must be a bug and if the second, why don't you just go back to where the por sod was killed and pick the items back up?

Quote:
Originally written by Yama:
Uh, that's how time is recorded. Midnight is 12 AM, followed by 1 AM, 2 AM, ... 11 AM, then noon is 12 PM, 1 PM, and so on. He edited it about 10.5 hours later.
I really, really wish that people could get this straight. I once showed up for a job interview at 12:30 a.m. I was naturally somewhat skeptical that that was the correct time, but I confirmed the time on the phone with the boss's secretary the day before the interview. Of course, it turned out they'd meant 12:30 p.m. after all.

Okay, I know this is of-topic...but I am tired of your signature!

The US is not evil, it has a terrible government/president/vice president. I know, a rhyming scheme. But I am sick and tired of it.

Back on topic...

The only real reason for the orb is to get a few items, a message, and the ability to get inside the source of the golem plague.