Deadly vats

Noman

Go through the south control area with mechanics and talk to the servant mind to  turn things off later. 

Essence shield and protection will reduce damage, but you might want to stay in combat mode just to have time for healing if you are taking too much damage and not paying attention to fixing it.

3 hours ago, Randomizer said:

Go through the south control area with mechanics and talk to the servant mind to  turn things off later. 

Essence shield and protection will reduce damage, but you might want to stay in combat mode just to have time for healing if you are taking too much damage and not paying attention to fixing it.

I don't know why I didn't see that southern path before. However the Servant Mind said he would shut down the defenses but the red pools are still there. Of course I could go up that path to the exit but rest of the area is still too deadly. I guess there isn't anything there worth exploring anyway. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Noman said:

I don't know why I didn't see that southern path before. However the Servant Mind said he would shut down the defenses but the red pools are still there. Of course I could go up that path to the exit but rest of the area is still too deadly. I guess there isn't anything there worth exploring anyway. Thanks.

The Servant Mind shuts down the chronic poison/acid dmg you take from walking around, but not the red pools which will nail you if you get too close. Still, Essence Shield and healing will see you through that. I don't know if you've left this area yet, but there are some worthwhile things there.

There's an Airshock canister in the SE; a quest item upstairs in Deep Records Storage; and a Mica Band (ring) on a body in the NW (as you or I would consider NW, not the game's weird mapping convention)

2 hours ago, BenS said:

The Servant Mind shuts down the chronic poison/acid dmg you take from walking around, but not the red pools which will nail you if you get too close. Still, Essence Shield and healing will see you through that. I don't know if you've left this area yet, but there are some worthwhile things there.

Hide contents

There's an Airshock canister in the SE; a quest item upstairs in Deep Records Storage; and a Mica Band (ring) on a body in the NW (as you or I would consider NW, not the game's weird mapping convention)

Thanks, I agree, the game does have a weird mapping convention. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it either.

Or to put it another way, I think it's to give you more of a 3-D appearance. Think about trying to draw a cube. If you draw it straight with the world, it just looks like a square because you only see one side. If you draw it rotated a little, where you can see more sides, it looks a whole lot more like a cube. But the minimap is always square with the world, so I look there If I want to know what direction something really is.