Can't get to Empire Portal

Okay. Starting from the docks near Pyrog's lair:

1) Go north and then head west through the narrow passage between the rocks (you'll have to land and clear out the Empire watchtower on the small island nearby first)

2) Keep going west until you come to another narrow passage with another watchtower overlooking it, just to the north of where you can see the Portal Fortress. Once again, clear out the watchtower and pass through.

3) Follow the river to the west until further passage is completely blocked by rocks. Land just northeast of the rocks and head through this secret passage.

4) Keep following the path until you reach the Portal Fortress. Note that there are several things you'll need along the way in order to pass, so hopefully you're ready.

Thank you Lilith.

It never occurred to me to clear out the watchtowers. Argh. Most appreciated.

Have now made it to the 3rd watchtower and am being wiped out very quickly by the stalkers. Don't know if I have done all the several things you refer to.

Have the Blessed Athame, have the fireburst thingie from Pyrog. Found a walkthrough that said something about a barrier ritual. don't know if I have that but I think I got it - is there anything else?

Up front though, I can't figure out how to pass through the 3rd watchtower. May have to turn the game to casual and don't want to do that.

Found a posted solution. Most appreciated.

Edited by Snowwhite

If the watchtower fight is simply too hard for you right now...you could just put the quest on hold and go do other things until you've leveled / got better spells / got better equipment.

Off the top of my head, one thing you need to complete the Empire Portal quest line that you didn't mention is:

The Onyx Scepter

I hope that helps!

Thanks. Forgot I had it but I did. The watchtowers were fine. My mistake was retracing when the watchtowers attacked. In prior encounters there had been a message that said you can't win and I just assumed these were the same.

Thank you all for the help. Made it in and out. Tried Angierach and died horribly and quickly and a lot. Am off to kill the villain and then will have to find out what I am doing wrong in the last big quest. My guys are level 30 + as I have done just about all of the quests except have been unable to find more than 1 of the giant statues.

My guys are level 30 + as I have done just about all of the quests except have been unable to find more than 1 of the giant statues.

Just in case, here are the locations of the statues in pictorial form:

Giant Fort:

xRTkQR2.jpg

Giant Village (move near the altar):

y4sBHzq.jpg

Giant's Cave:

WG4GReC.jpg

(Incidentally, I wonder why the name of the cave is the only one with an “‘s” in it. I assume it has the word ‘giant’ in it only due to its inhabitants, not because of its actual size or decor. In which case, it really ought to be renamed Aldous’ Cave after I was done killing everyone inside.)