My mage is being hit randomly by acid (CS)

As the topic title says, my mage is being hit randomly by acid. Whether it be out and about or in a town, it's a little odd to me. It *might* have something to do with the pressing of buttons in the Brigand Madhouse (??), I didn't figure it out to finish it. She got a new pair of greaves (pirate sounding name, I can't remember..pyrrra___), but I took them off her and she still randomly gets hit. I have spoken with a mage in the Tower of Magi and was told I don't have a dread curse. Any ideas? Sorry for not being so specific, lol, I play and do read and make notes, but haven't made any notes as to why this would be happening to her.

Or maybe some gauntlets from the Coven Cave?

That's where I got the gauntlets that she's wearing, but even taking them off is giving the same effect. Do I have to sell them to be done with it? I don't know about Uranium, I don't think I have that yet. Thanks for your responses, glad I'm not the only one having this problem.

That's where I got the gauntlets that she's wearing, but even taking them off is giving the same effect. Do I have to sell them to be done with it? I don't know about Uranium, I don't think I have that yet. Thanks for your responses, glad I'm not the only one having this problem.

As long as they're in your inventory at all, they're dangerous.

From Wikipedia, the definition of Phyrrhic is "A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat." It has to do with some Greek victories over the Romans around 2300 years ago. Sometimes the warnings are subtle but the effects are not.