Aliens vs. Spiderweb

Dikiyoba

I recently started playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and since it allows for a large roster with a fair amount of customization, I decided to do a Spiderweb forums party. Here's the roster I had at the point I sequence broke the game and so decided to start over. If you have any suggestions for better names or additional members, post them and I'll probably use them in the next game. Some of them right now are decidedly... mediocre. The color or color combination you most associate with people would be helpful too.

Roster:

Arancaytar 'Kitten' Ilyaran-Belyen

Tony 'Evil Eye' Dintiradan (Nickname because he is a sniper)

Lilith 'Pun & Gun' Nocaps: (Run & Gun is a skill)

Ephesos 'Camel Racer' Crickets: Support (heals)

Saunders 'Friendly Fire' Fluffy-Doom (Nickname because she injured Arancaytar twice in a single mission)

Tyranicus 'Tombstone' Nethergate (Auto-assigned nickname)

Iffy 'Top Muffin' Flamming

Sylae 'Rainbow Dashing' Corell (Dashing is a ability)

Jumpin 'Redskirt' Salmon

Dikiyoba 'Frank' Dikiyora

Trenton 'Pest Control' Grunt

Jera 'Commander' Keen

Stareye Boot

Neb Neboo

Deceased:

Arctic 'Skinner' Wolf (Auto-assigned nickname)

Al O'Rael

Nikki Supanik

Slartifer M. Tuckersworth

Dikiyoba knows it's not the longest or greatest list, but hopefully it provided you with a moment or two of amusement (or at least confusion).

> Jera 'Commander' Keen

This one wins.

I'm trying to remember the significance of kittens, but apparently I don't know even my own SW lore. :p

Edit: Also, didn't Nikki have another nickname, from around the same era as "Frank"? ... I want to say "Brody", but archive trawl suggests that's Archmage Alex.

Edit2: Mutey?

Edit: Also, didn't Nikki have another nickname, from around the same era as "Frank"? ... I want to say "Brody", but archive trawl suggests that's Archmage Alex.

Edit2: Mutey?

Yeah, Alex, Marl and I all had nicknames for each other, but I'm not sure they ever spilled across from our private conversations and on to SW in any meaningful way. For the record though, Archmage Alex was 'Brody', Marl was 'Lenny Latina', and I was indeed 'Mutey'.

I wanted to chime in to say Jera "Commander" Keen was totally the best reference. "Rainbow Dashing" Sylae is second best.

Of course, I'm not an oldbie and probably can't appreciate some of the references. I have no presence in Spiderweb lore, either. What did you mean about associating members with color combinations? Was assigning forum users a color a thing at some point?

Of course, I'm not an oldbie and probably can't appreciate some of the references. I have no presence in Spiderweb lore, either.

If you don't get a reference (except for Dintiradan being named Tony; that's from CalRef), it's probably because it's a stupid reference I came up with because I couldn't think of anything else and wanted to get on with the game. Therefore, you should suggest a better one.

And if you have no presence in SW lore, whose fault is that? Get out there and make yourself some! (Dikiyoba actually has a really good one for you now, Triumph, but you cannot have too much presence in Spiderweb lore.)

And if you have no presence in SW lore, whose fault is that? Get out there and make yourself some! (Dikiyoba actually has a really good one for you now, Triumph, but you cannot have too much presence in Spiderweb lore.)

I'll start planning my fictional autobiography posthaste!