Full Class Fighter Character? No pincussion archers allowed!

Valdain the King

I don't remember Avadon 1 much for the ap system but I tried making a tank for all 3 fighter classes Bladewarrior, Shadowalker and Tinkermage and its crazy hard. The ap system is harder than Avernum and Geneforge as once you engage you cant disengage. I always thought that Avadon 1 when I completed it a while back had the same ap deal as Avernum.

I didn't mind Avernum's but this one is unique. I think I just used a shadowalker who used marksman weapons in the 1st game but don't remember if Ap was the same.

I am not exactly sure if you have played Avadon and its sequel but is there a trick to getting to attack targets and whatever. I usualy activate my melee bladelash on an enemy and am always scrambling around trying to not get surrounded. Put points in strength and endurance because a guide said dexterity got nerfed. I had an idea to use parry 5% from shield, the belt at the facility that gives 5% and keep on adding parry items until I get at least 20% parry like Geneforge. With strength for damage and endurance for soaking it. What could be wrong.

As long as I can play a Shadowalker or Tinkermage that is a tank, I will be pleased.

Parry's ideal amount needs to be discussed-I hope for at least 15%

Minimizing damage is important but isn't endurance where that comes from?

What should you do in melee without wasting rounds, hoped to use melee move on every but it seems better to use reg attacks.

If you want to play melee characters then you don't need to disengage anyway, right? And yes, you will get surrounded. That can work to your advantage; clustered mobs are easier to hit with AoE attacks, including wands, etc.

In any case, don't run up to them - let them come to you. You can use the first round to buff (if you build up the right-hand branch, the Blademaster has the best buffs in the game). Challenge is surprisingly good, giving regeneration and shielding for longer times as you level up.

Yes, you want strength and endurance. For the tinkermage I'd even go 1:1, since his main damage output will be from his turrets - but only as long as he's alive.

I haven't looked deeply into the details of parry, but focusing on the middle branch of the skill trees will give all three classes nice defensive and offensive bonuses.

Shields are definitely a good idea, and your high-strength characters will be able to wear good armor.

One drawback to an all-melee party is that offensive scarabs won't be at their most effective. For non-magical classes they're keyed to dexterity.

One drawback to an all-melee party is that offensive scarabs won't be at their most effective. For non-magical classes they're keyed to dexterity.

Luckily, there are enough non-offensive scarabs to kit out three melee characters if that's what you want to do. Teleportation is always a nice ability for a melee character to have, anyone can benefit from the healing and curing scarabs, the buffing and summoning scarabs aren't bad either, and if you run out of better options there are always the passive stat bonuses.

How does that work? Using the scarab consumes 9 AP. You could just use the 9 AP to walk 9 spaces. I forget the exact range of teleport, but it's not much further than that. I don't think it will typically let you get a melee attack in, if you are too far away for one anyway.

How does that work? Using the scarab consumes 9 AP. You could just use the 9 AP to walk 9 spaces. I forget the exact range of teleport, but it's not much further than that. I don't think it will typically let you get a melee attack in, if you are too far away for one anyway.

Teleportation is actually really, really long-range in Avadon 2. As far as I can tell, you can pretty much teleport out as far as your sight radius.

You guys just made my Millenium! Yes I guess that acquiesces the full tankishness happiness which is about to unfold :lol:

So with a high endurance, EVERY mob I come across I can just pump out 1 turret of low or high level depending on mob? I figure that endurance gives excess vitality so more turrets is hopefully possible.