Abandoned workshop in Troezen (spoilers)

Earth

So how the heck I'm supposed to win against Tinkermage constructs and spawns since if I go to middle of circle to pummel spawns my party gets obliterated (by turrets and some poison defense) and only 1 random Tinker construct is vulnerable? I can destroy 1 turret (maybe 2) but those Tinker constructs don't have any ability cooldown apparently and endlewss vitality too so each of them can create new turret as quickly as I destroy 1.

It varies, but sometimes only one or two tinkermage constructs will have the wisp during the entire fight, so as long as you watch the top for the message that the wisp is moving and then look for the spiraling lights to indicate the new location you don't have to attack them all.

Area effect attacks that take out the current tinkermage construct and the turrets help speed up the fight. Earthshatter scarab near the room's center will hit everything. So waste a few recovery potions/elixirs to speed up your cool down period.

Also a speed burst scroll at the start to increase your damage before they start wearing you down.

Spread out your party or have one near the entrance with a long range spell attack. This helps with their corruption attack.

There was a good discussion of it in this thread. Two other important things to remember are --

(1) As soon as you kill even one of those Tinkermage constructs, you'll win the fight.

(2) They won't activate until all three of your characters are in the room; so if you go into combat mode before entering, you can safely send one or two characters in by themselves, plant your turrets, summon creatures, buff everyone, etc. before firing it up.

The strategy that worked for me involved parking all three of my characters next too the center construct. That way you only have to deal with one group of turrets instead of three. Meanwhile, the other two constructs are within range of missile weapons and circular AoEs, as are the constructs in the center. It's slow but it works. That said, supplementing it with some earthshatter spam from the room's center on the first couple turns would probably help.

The strategy that worked for me involved parking all three of my characters next too the center construct. That way you only have to deal with one group of turrets instead of three. Meanwhile, the other two constructs are within range of missile weapons and circular AoEs, as are the constructs in the center. It's slow but it works. That said, supplementing it with some earthshatter spam from the room's center on the first couple turns would probably help.

I actually found there's not much point attacking more than one construct. The wisp will eventually move on even if you don't attack the construct it's in, and the battle ends as soon as you kill one construct, which all have separate HP totals. So I just hid everyone in the corner behind one of the constructs, attacked it when it had the wisp in it, and turtled when it didn't.

nasty nasty nasty fight but managed to get thru, managed to kill north Tinker construct (mostly with BM and Hellhound) although it was long battle since wisp didn't go there that often (west and south constructs got wisp more often than north, at least it looked so), apparently they had abilities cooldown too since if destroyed ice/healing/inferno turret then same turret wasn't created until turns later. would been much easier fight w/o those inert constructs coming alive.

appafrently it doesn't matter if lied or told truth to quest giver.

• 5 weeks later...

My problem with this fight is that the blue light of vulnerability is only on the tinkermage construct for one round in my game (then it moves to another one or there's a wait time when all of them are immune until it travels to another one for only one round) so you have only a very short opportunity to get that one and they are very hard to kill. I have all 3 of my chars hitting it for that one round, but it's never powerful enough. Advice?

While they are really useful in the final boss fight, you could use a few circle of fire scrolls and the earthshatter scarab with elixir of recovery to hit everything from the room's center. Other area effect spells and scarabs to remove anything left so you will take less damage while waiting for to take out the constructs. Use wands of summoning to create more targets for them.

My problem with this fight is that the blue light of vulnerability is only on the tinkermage construct for one round in my game (then it moves to another one or there's a wait time when all of them are immune until it travels to another one for only one round) so you have only a very short opportunity to get that one and they are very hard to kill. I have all 3 of my chars hitting it for that one round, but it's never powerful enough. Advice?

Just stay on the defensive whenever the wisp isn't on the construct with the lowest health (use healing potions if you need 'em) and be prepared for a long fight.