Stuck in the Temple of Aetius

LINDYLOU

I've been down into the Temple of Aetius and killed everything except the mighty sentinels that keep respawning and killing me. The doors down there are locked and I dion't have a key/am unable to use the lockpicks on them. After giving up (and deciding to go back later when I am stronger} I've come up the stairs to find the path that goes back to the robbers tower and the bridge blocked.

Maybe I have missed a ladder or trapdoor but have been wandering around for ages looking

Does anyone know where the exit is? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1) sentinels killing difficulty is in the southern paddock with basin, they generate continuously until you manage to get out of the fence, then they stop coming out from statues. So I understood.

2) You would need to use the liquids, the three of them. This stops the magical loss of health in the center hall and now you are allowed to interact with Aetius and the priest.

Won't say more about it ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have spent a disgusting amt. of time, trying to talk to the NPC's in the middle of temple. killed everyone, touched all the basin, still can't talk to the NPC's, and those bloody overpowered sentinels, are constantly killing me off.

how do i complete this quest.

pls. provide exact details, not just clues

thx in advance

FED UP!

If you've washed yourself in all three pools, you should be able to reach the central area and talk to Cnaeus. Make sure you didn't miss a pool.

Also, try to avoid the sentinels instead of killing them whenever possible. They move slowly and in patterns, so if you're careful you can walk around them. Killing the sentinels will just cause even stronger ones to spawn.

thx for the fyi

unfortunately i can't get past the sentinels, they don't ignore me.

How about a real warning next time, not just some vague clue. since there's never anything in this game that is actually clear.

i hate avadon 2, it's ridiculous, why are there so many overpowered enemies from the get go.

I'm trying to have some fun, not get frustrated over crap.

fortunately i have a saved pt. before this disgusting quest

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You have to click on all three basins before you can approach the center of the shrine. They are located in the north, northwest and southeast areas of the map. I don't know how to be more specific than that. Especially given that you didn't answer my question. If you did not see a message about gagging etc. when you tried to talk to them, then something else is wrong. In order to figure out what that might be, we would need to know what actually happens when you try it.

Since you're not having fun, turning the difficulty down might be something to consider. I don't know what difficulty you're playing at, but Torment can be particularly brutal.

unfortunately i can't get past the sentinels, they don't ignore me.

Be a little more careful about where you take your party, then. It is possible to sneak past the sentinels from virtually anywhere in the area to virtually anywhere in the area, but you have to watch them and time it right. They don't attack you instantly; they have to notice you first, so you can speed out of the vicinity of one if one is approaching you and you'll be fine.

It's a little hard to know what you've done and what you haven't based on your description, as Jerakeen points out. There's not a lot of complexity to this quest (touch 3 basins, go to the center), though it is quite hard, so it's probably more useful for us to know exactly what's going wrong than it is for us to provide more detailed guidance (click on a basin and wait for a message; then click on another basin, etc.).

I walked in found the basins, along the way i kept killing the sentinels. which i will not do again as there AOE attacks just kill me one shot.

No I'm not gagging, i can get to the center but no option to talk. I did touch all the basins, but most likely i forgot to do a quicksave along the way, so when i die and go back, I'm missing a basin. so i have to redo the basins, to be sure.

I'm going to be very careful, and not touch those sentinels.

I'm running on Hard difficulty.

Thx! for the advice

• 2 weeks later...

Casual difficulty . exists for a reason, you know.

Actually I think I may have found a fix for this. I keep on normal mode for regular enemies. When I get to boss characters I switch to casual. Seeing as I haven't completed the game yet that makes sense. I am sure that other players have done that before. If I replay, a success will be me being able to do previous fight on normal. Makes sense?

I have to correct because the constructs of the map center are not hostile, once you have used the basin to the south. With a two Shadowalker party and third character with flying scarab you can be more rapid than constructs from the south to reach the central area of the map, then engage in dialogue with the priest. All this is possible without having previously to deal with the construct to the south, which, however, will come when you stop waiting for them.

By the way, I wonder whether it is possible to make sure that the god of the temple was angry to the point of accepting the fight.