Disappointing and Missleading Thread Title

Rowen

"Greetings potential Pokémon trainers and congratulations on making it this far in the Pokémon Trainer Selection Process. I am Professor Rowan and will be administering this part of your Pokémon Quiz. Now that you all have told me your names, whether you are a boy or a girl, the date, and time of day we can continue to the important Pokémon quiz. Remember that this quiz is a group effort, but you that you should not be using Google to help you, as it is not enrolled in this class with all of you. Please remember to put the number of the question you are answering in front of your answer so that I might be able to easily grade and update the original post with the answered questions. There will be no essay questions on this part of the quiz. Try your best on the quiz and I am sure that you will soon be out on your own adventure with your very own Pokémon!"

Group Pokémon Trainer Quiz Part 1.A

Part 1.A, may list entries from the Pokédex from Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2. You are to correctly identify which Pokémon each Pokédex entry refers to.

1. Found in field and mountains. Mistaking them for boulders, people often step or trip on them. Geodude

2. It becomes wildly furious if it even senses someone looking at it. It chases anyone that meets its glare. Primeape

3. A Pokémon that startles people in the middle of the night. It gathers fear as its energy. Misdreavus

4. It releases a stench from its read antenna to repel enemies. It grows by molting repeatedly. Caperpie

5. Because it moves so quickly, it sometimes becomes unseeable. It congregates around tree sap. Ninjask

6. It looks like a fluffy cloud when it is in flight. It hums with its soprano voice. Altaria

7. So rare that it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. Only a few people have seen it worldwide. Mew

8. When it senses danger, it discharges positive and negative electricity from its two antennae. It lives in depths beyond sunlight's reach. Chinchou

9. To protect its herd, the leader battles anything that invades its territory, even at the cost of its life. Its tusks may snap off in battle. Walrein

10. It responds to movement by attacking. This scary, three-headed Pokémon devours everything in its path! Hydreigon

11. It has mastered fast and powerful fighting moves. It grows a beard of fire. Emboar

12. A strange seed was planted on its back at birth. The plant sprouts and grows with this Pokémon. Bulbasaur

13. Brutally vicious and enormously destructive. Known for totally destroying cities in ancient times. Gyarados

14. It continually meditates for hours every day. As a result of rigorous and dedicated yoga training, it has tempered its spiritual powers so much it can fly. Meditite

15. A kindly Pokémon that lays highly nutritious eggs and shares them with injured Pokémon or people. Chansey

16. When several of these Pokémon gather, their electricity could build and cause lightning storms. Pikachu

17. A Pokémon that has been over hunted to almost extinction. It can ferry people across the water. Lapras

18. With sharp claws, this ferocious, ancient Pokémon rips apart pry and sucks their body fluids. Kabutops

19. In just one of its mighty hands, it has the power to make the ground shake and mountains crumble. Tyranitar

20. It has the trait of cheering on its fellow Pokémon. By shorting out the electricity it releases from its paws, it creates pom-poms for cheering. Plusle

21. The vicious and sly gangster of the sea. Its skin is specially textured to minimize drag in the water. Its speed tops out at over 75 miles per hour. Sharpedo

22. It constantly gnaws on logs and rocks to whittle down its front teeth. It nests alongside water. Bidoof

23. By catching the aura emanating from others, it can read their thought and movements. Lucario

24. Its genetic code is irregular. It may mutate if it is exposed to radiation from element stones. Eevee

25. It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world. Arceus

Group Pokémon Trainer Quiz Part 1.B

List the starting regions from each of the following games.

Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, Leaf Green

26. Kanto

Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold, Soul Silver

27. Johto

Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald

28. Hoenn

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum

29. Sinnoh

Black, White, Black 2, White 2

30. Unova

Group Pokémon Trainer Quiz Part 1.C

List all starting Pokémon from Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2. Also list all evolution forms of those starter Pokémon. (Order is not important receive credit)

Kanto Starters: Bulbasaur / Ivysaur / Venusaur, Charmander / Charmeleon / Charizard, Squirtle / Wartortle / Blastoise, Pikachu

Johto Starters: Chikorita / Bayleef / Megenium, Cyndaquil / Quilava / Typhlosion, Totodile / Croconaw / Feraligatr

Hoenn Starters: Treecko / Brovyle / Sceptile, Torchic / Combusken / Blaziken, Mudkip / Marshtomp / Swampert

Sinnoh Starters: Turtwig / Gortle / Torterra, Chimchar / Monferno / Infernape, Piplup / Prinplup / Empoleon

Unova Starters: Snivy / Servine / Serperior, Tepig / Pignite / Emboar, Oshawott / Dewott / Samurott

"And that brings us to the end of part 1 of the Group Pokémon Trainer Quiz. Once all questions have been answered I will release part 2. Good luck future Pokémon trainers!"

Part 1A

1. Got to be Geodude

6. Altaria? Or one of its evolutions? Swablu?

9. Donphan?

12. BULBASAUR!!!

13. GYARADOS!!!

14. Meditite?

15. Chansey

17. Lapras! I love Lapras. Awesome Pokemon.

20. Plusle? Or Minun?

21. Sharpedo?

22. Bidoof?

23. Lucario?

24. Eevee

25. Arceus?

Part 1B

26. Kanto

27. Johto

28. Hoenn

29. Sinnoh

30. Unova

Group Pokémon Trainer Quiz Part 1.C

I've got...less of this than I expected. The middle evolutions are tough to remember.

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur

Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard

Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise

Special Pikachu (cannot evolve)

Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr

Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium

Cyndaquil, forgetting the middle, Typhlosion

Oshawatt, Dewott, Samurott

Snivy, ...bah, I should remember this, Serperior

Tepig, Pignite, Emboar

Turtwig, ...?, and Torterra

Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon

...?, ...?, Monferno

Mudkip, ...?, Swampert

Torchic, ...?, ...?

Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile

19. Since the Regis are the first thing that comes to mind for mountain-smashing...is it Regigigas?

4 and 5 sound a lot like Bug-types. I seem to recall Heracross liked sap - Is it 5?

Other than those, I may be stumped.

7. I'm sure I've seen this for a Pokemon...I just can't remember which one. Milotic?

Marshtomp and Combusken are the only correct answers and they have been added to part 1.C. Only one blank left there now! As for part 1.A #4 and #5 are bug Pokémon. To help out just a bit I will let you know what generation teach remaining Pokémon come from.

2. Gen I

4. Gen I

5. Gen III

7. Gen I

9. Gen III

19. Gen II