What a great game, onto Geneforge 4

Hi there. Im really ramping up with these games. I played Geneforge 1-3 as a solo agent that used daze and blades. It was a lot of fun. As 3 was a breeze, now Im onto Geneforge 4. I want to play as a completely different character this time to try something new. How bout a Guardian? Can they solo the game like an agent or should I try this shock trooper character. I really like solo characters as you get all the exp to yourself.

The difference between the Warrior and Servile are the while both get cheap weapon skills, Warrior has very expensive Magic while Servile has cheaper Magic. If you want to play the build you described, but NOT use an agent (or rather the G4 equivalent, the Infiltrator), the Servile is superior to the Warrior simply because you won't so burn many skill points on Magic.

I'm pretty sure that parry was really only totally wonderful in G2. Solo serviles are quite fun in G4. If you're dedicated to solo, then you want to let shaping be your weakest aspect, so that's down to agent/infiltrator or servile. If you're tired of agents, then servile will let you try something different, in that it does a lot more melee. A well built servile can be like some kind of engineered super-soldier. With magic!

Serviles can get good enough in melee, in fact, that you may want to focus all your magic on mental. This is a good idea for playing on higher difficulty levels especially, since monsters don't seem to get particularly hard to charm even on Torment. As Delicious Vlish used to put it, it's not nearly as bad to have your enemies get stronger, if your enemies are also your weapons.

Avadon used to have more Blademaster only items that increased Parry until in beta testing he saw how high it could go with my player character. I think I got it to 65% before he changed things.

Future games will keep it from ever going above 50% again. Also Riposte got weakened so you always take damage.