Share your Positive Events Thread

Death Knight

I figure that the world has enough bad things happening of late. Between crazy wars, to bizarre acts of evil, where's the good?

In this thread (if you can), try and spread some positive news that you might know of. Its good and helps keep positive spirits.

Ill do mine. So I was looking at the news today and it showed a police officer that spent $100 on shoes for a homeless man in NY. It was really cool and more stuff like that should be shown instead of the usual.

Anyone else have any good heroic type news?

I read about it. Pretty cool!

The best "good" news I read lately are actually part of something awful, but here we go:

About seven weeks ago, this girl in Pakistan got shot in the head for her political activism promoting education for girls. The good news is that she survived and is making a full recovery.

Yesterday, a homeless woman named Pam was given a place to stay for up to two years. She will be provided with regular meals, needed clothing, employment education and training, budget training to get a handle on any debt she may have, a temporary job with on-the-job training to help her pay off those debts or for saving up, assistance in getting any medical treatment or prescriptions she may need, and counseling to help her deal with any emotional problems or root causes of her homelessness. By mid-second year, she should be well on her way to getting a permanent job in the community. At the end of the two years, if she chooses to stay that long, follows house rules, and completes the requirements of the training program, she will be given a used vehicle in working condition and helped to find a permanent residence she can afford.

About seven weeks ago, this girl in Pakistan got shot in the head for her political activism promoting education for girls. The good news is that she survived and is making a full recovery.

The bad news is that the Taliban idiots have vowed to kill her even now, from what I learned they already killed a Journalist who wrote something in support of her.

(Sorry Death Knight, I know it's supposed to be a positive page,but I just had to say it, Here's a good news:-After two weeks of torture my exams are over.)

It's something, but I'll hold the champagne until it produces progress on the peace front. This could just as easily be a springboard for more demands that Israel will reject, the UN won't enforce, and Palestine won't back down from.

—Alorael, who has seen a NYPD officer giving a homeless man boots all over the news. And time travelers have just averted the Luso-American War!

The bad news is that the Taliban idiots have vowed to kill her even now, from what I learned they already killed a Journalist who wrote something in support of her.

(Sorry Death Knight, I know it's supposed to be a positive page,but I just had to say it, Here's a good news:-After two weeks of torture my exams are over.)

That actually is very good news. When I took my exams a year ago when I finished college, it was like the calm before the storm. I had to do a project on something/someone important. I did it on one of my favorite bands and did alright with it. If I had done it again, I was going to do a biography on Jeff Vogel. I found out that he might have been from Jersey. It listed Jeff's origin there on linked in. Who'd figure that my homestate would be where he was from. I doubt it was true though.