This is flat out nuts

I just reached a breaking point in gene forge 3. It is impossible to get past the infested paths on the 2nd island and heres why. Because right when you get to the swamp, you have 3 waves of enemies who are infected with poison/acid. No matter what you do, you cannot make it through as a melee guardian with a creation. Its just impossible. The main problem is that if I die, i lose, if my creation dies, i still lose as all the levels are gone.

How is this fair and what was going through jeff's mind when he made this part?

Some places you just need to use up disposable items. If you have the essence left then cast augmentation on all the members of your party. Maybe shielding spores and speed spores too.

Alwan as a meat shield to give them a target while everyone else uses range attacks. Or have your character use spores to cure poison/acid and heal damage. Crystals work well here for range attacks.

Don't leave the zone whatever you do since they repopulate when you return. So fight your way through.

Jeff always thinks he knows what you should do to get through.

It's possible. I've done it. Now, keeping your thahd alive may not be feasible; thahds are just weak. But you can finish G3 as a melee guardian. It may be that you need use items differently, adopt different tactics for this zone, or just go somewhere else and keep growing stronger. But it is possible to get through.

Enter the zone, buff yourself, haste yourself, and run. One aspect of tactics can be figuring out how close you can get to enemies before they attack, and then coming just that close before activating haste and stuff. You can outrun guys if you're hasted, and eventually they'll lose interest in you.

Na, I think that its not me as much as melee just doesn't work. I waited to get 3 extra lvls to buff my character and creation and was over leveled for that task. Something about the gene forge series that its the most interesting games jeff made, but the most frustrating ones he made as well. Im sticking with Avadon and Avernum, I can understand those games.

If jeff makes remakes though, thats another story. I would like to play g1-5 with remade and done well.

If you want to laugh, Im making a shaping guardian for this playthrough of geneforge 3 that doesnt use melee and or ranged weapons and is basically a shaper/guardian that heals his creations and always acts first (high quick action). Currently on the 3rd island and I found it more fun than playing for my shaper. He just focuses on healing, fire shaping, intelligence and a little blessing magic from time to time. I find that if you plan out how you want to get through the game, it makes more things possible. Never give up.