Other Avernum Updates (iPad)?

Sunface

Hi All,

I'm playing through Avernum on my iPad, and love the game. It's exactly the type of game I was hoping would be published on the iPad, and between this game, Avadon, and the upcoming reissues of Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (and possibly 3) for iPad, I suspect there's a lot of great RP-Gaming in my future!

I'm interested in continuing the Avernum trilogy after this game (I'm quite close to the end of the game I suspect), but note that there's an original trilogy and only Avernum 1 has been remade for newer computers and iPad. I also note that Avernum 6 is coming out for iPad soon.

So the big question, is there a plan to release the other Avernum titles on iPad? Seems like you have a great engine and a lot of the graphics already done.

Anyway, I hope that you do, because I will buy those other games day 1!

Thanks for reading!

Sunface

Avernum 2 and 3 will be remade similar to Avernum: Escape from the Pit and available for iPad. However since Avadon 2 is going to start testing soon and come out next year, Avernum 2 will probably not be out until 2014 and Avernum 3 will be 2016.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It won't help with the wait, but you'll fit in with the rest of us. smile

Edit - There is going to be a longer time between releases since Jeff has gone from making the game on Mac and then a Windows port to making a game on Mac, port to iPad, port to Windows, and getting someone else to make ports for LINUX and Android tablets.

They're going to release it and then rerelease it within seconds. The original will be a collector's item available only to those with hair-trigger clicking fingers.

—Alorael, who thinks there's a bright side to Avadon 2 delaying the release of Avernum 2: Crystal Souls. That's having Avadon 2 on iPad first.

Thanks for the answer, that's great news! I will definitely look forward to further adventures in these games.

Oh and totally Baldur's Gate 3 isn't a re-release but it does sound like it might happen. I'm a huge isometric party-based RPG fan, so I hope it does. Meanwhile I really hope we eventually see all 6 (and more?!) Avernum titles on the iPad!

Cheers,

Sunface

Originally Posted By: Triploons
Oh? I'm not noticing any problems. Anyone else? What do you mean it's not loading well?

—Alorael, who sadly no longer has the original illustrator document. He can only work with saved copies of the existing avatar. This is irrelevant but sad.

yesterday it refused to load and browser said waiting response from etc.