Do the mods get paid

Cmiller

Super computers are only a bit smarter than lesser machines.

Computers are idiots.

They do what you tell them to do,

They do ***exactly*** what you tell them to do,

And if you tell them to do something wrong,

They will do it wrong,

They will do it ***exactly*** wrong,

Every Time!!!

Originally Posted By: Harehunter
Super computers are only a bit smarter than lesser machines.

Computers are idiots.
They do what you tell them to do,
They do ***exactly*** what you tell them to do,
And if you tell them to do something wrong,
They will do it wrong,
They will do it ***exactly*** wrong,
Every Time!!!

I have to say that in this example, it isn't the computer making the mistake; it's only doing what has been requested. The true idiot is the person giving the instructions in the first place.

Computers don't exactly get smarter, but good enough software can figure out what you want to do and do that instead of what you actually asked it to do.

—Alorael, who appreciates software that can walk the fine line between intrusively reinterpreting your input incorrectly and doing exactly as told, even when that leads to disaster. In that sweet spot lies getting what you want done even when you don't know how to do it. Word, Word, you are very much on the wrong side of the line every time.

Originally Posted By: www.dot.com.www.com
Computers don't exactly get smarter, but good enough software can figure out what you want to do and do that instead of what you actually asked it to do.

As my word processor keeps autocorrect changing Slith to Sloth and other perceived spelling errors.

Originally Posted By: King and Queen of Plurality

I'm still looking for the "Do What I Mean" button on my keyboard. I was told that it was next to the "Any Key", but in all the times I've been told to "Press Any Key to continue", I haven't found that one either. And please don't tell me that it near the "A key"; that one hurts.

I shudder to think that some wise acre will develop a true Artificial Intelligence. Every programmer I've known who might have the moxy to get it working, also has a sense of humor so twisty that makes mine look like a Kansas Interstate highway.