Avernum showcased on Extra Credits!

Chessrook44

Extra Credits is an online video series hosted on PennyArcade's site that tends to talk about various gaming-related topics. Occasionally they do a bit called "Games you might not have tried" which looks at games that tend to fly under the radar and not get much attention. In the fourth episode (released today), they showcased Avernum amongst the other games they had.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/games-you-might-not-have-tried-4

If you want to skip the rest of the games (Why would you?) skip ahead to 3:08.

Why not try keeping your system really, REALLY neat and tidy? Sorry, but I have that "Obsessive–compulsive personality disorder" problem, which makes me bothered when I see clutter.

------------

Anyway, try playing Avernum, You can tell back King Micah about killing Grah-hoth, because some ending just say you are a hero for centuries to come, so on, then the game finishes... But now, you can celebrate you victory by buying wines/beers that never affects you!

-------------

-Ehhh... Nightwatcher

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
I never thought of Spiderweb games as needing recent hardware before, but I suppose AEftP is pretty advanced by previous standards.

Half the reason I'm getting a new computer is because I had to play a SW game at anything other than the maximum graphics settings.

Really, when that happens, you are obligated to upgrade.

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
Not having enough space can hardly be the problem. The problem is that there's too darn much space. We need to have a lot less. If Mars were within easy reach, for example, I could put all my old stuff there, and have more space in the basement. This would be better.

And the physicist strikes again...

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Homage
I never thought of Spiderweb games as needing recent hardware before, but I suppose AEftP is pretty advanced by previous standards.

Half the reason I'm getting a new computer is because I had to play a SW game at anything other than the maximum graphics settings.

I never even fathomed that a SW game would need to be adjusted to play right. I have an old, cheap laptop, and it plays A:EftP perfectly.

Originally Posted By: dorfydorf
Originally Posted By: Homage

I never even fathomed that a SW game would need to be adjusted to play right. I have an old, cheap laptop, and it plays A:EftP perfectly.

So it's not as old as you think