A:EftP - Endgame difficulties (bugs?) [spoilers, of course]

Howdy.

I'm having some end-game difficulties, and I'm afraid they may be bugs. So far, I've finished the Grah-Hoth storyline, and I'm working on the other two big ones.

In terms of finding the portal to the surface, I've spoken with Khoth and learned both that I need a royal seal and to perform a ritual to get to the portal. I have the royal seal, but when I get to the Black Spire, I can't do anything with it. I get a "special encounter" when I approach the fresco at the north end of the building, but I don't have the option to do anything with the seal.

In terms of finding an exit, I have three parts of the password: one from Aimee, one from Erika, and one from Athron. My understanding is that I need to get the last one from Patrick, but there don't seem to be any dialog options for asking him about it. I've helped his wife and run other quests for people in the tower, but I'm afraid I'm missing something.

Any advice on either point? Thanks!

Originally Posted By: CHAOBOXERS
In terms of finding the portal to the surface, I've spoken with Khoth and learned both that I need a royal seal and to perform a ritual to get to the portal. I have the royal seal, but when I get to the Black Spire, I can't do anything with it. I get a "special encounter" when I approach the fresco at the north end of the building, but I don't have the option to do anything with the seal.

Yeah that thing, you still need to speak with Aydin in order to know about the depression.
-----------------
As for the 2nd part, I'm not interested about returning to the surface, sorry.
-----------------
-Black spire, Nigtwatcher

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Patrick involves one of the first two dialog options, but it is buried in several levels of dialog before you get the password.

Yeah, I was thrown by this at first too. You just have to exhaust every single dialogue option, as I'm pretty sure the password is buried behind a chain of dialogue that might seem unrelated at first.