Normal feels like easy hard is ridiculous

I am doing something wrong here or is hard like a lot more difficult than normal?

normal feels way too easy so I try hard and I get blasted...

maybe my builds are wacked?

I am new to avernum so getting adjusted so maybe I am not ready for hard even though normal seems like I will just walk through the game easy style...

any ideas?

There are some topics here:

Strategy Central

Slarty's Min/Max of A:EftP

Most recent version of Slarty's Min/Max Analysis

These will help you see what other players think about building a party and what you should emphasize early in the game. Fighters don't do as well as the second trilogy Avernum and Avadon games since they start at a lower base to hit chance and bulky armor can quickly lower their to hit chance.

I played on hard throughout and the first part of the game(demo and north of demo area) was relatively easy. The middle part was often frustratingly tough, maybe because I was wandering into areas not meant for my level.(This is why I don't really like open world games.) Once I reached levels 20-25, it became incredibly easy. This is partly because some areas were meant for a much lower level party and partly because my players were opening up adrenaline rush or have +ap items. But even the major fights were quite easy.

Maybe you switched difficulty when you started stumbling into high level areas?

I just found out I should of been hunting undead first. I was assuming they were tough and was trying to get at the sliths and it simply wasnt happenin...

Thanks for the links.

As for the open ended world myself I actually like that I am traveling back and forth in a non linear fashion I was just at a point that I was really not making sense of where to go to.

It also seems level accounts for far more in this game than does skills/stats.

Originally Posted By: SapientCrow
As for the open ended world myself I actually like that I am traveling back and forth in a non linear fashion I was just at a point that I was really not making sense of where to go to.

It also seems level accounts for far more in this game than does skills/stats.

Well, more than most skills, true. Not so much stats, a lvl 30 mage that is all INT has a lot less chance to hit something with a sword than a lvl 15 Warrior with all STR.

As far as skills go, they are mostly for finetuning, besides the basic skills that give you access to spells/talents.

Considering that I was able to complete the game and get most of the achievements without having to use cheat codes you may have a point about it being easy. But that doesn't bother me since I'm more into playing games for the plot and story rather than gaining levels.