Geneforge secret message.

Trenton.

Quote:
How do you know that the three factions don't represent for example the hindu-budha-tao(if I'm not wrong that's Confucianism) triangle?

Quote:
Actually, Taoism was founded by Lao-Tse (or however they are spelling his name these days). Not that that matters at all.

"The Tao" (or Dao) is a term that exists in both Confucian and Taoist teachings, as well as various other Chinese religion and philosophy. It literally means something along the lines of "the way," i.e. the true/righteous/good/enlightening path. And of course the various traditions differ on what said way is, with Confucius/Kongzi emphasizing filial piety, Xunzi emphasizing tradition as a way of restraining the evils of human nature, Laozi and Zhuangzi emphasizing wu wei, etc.

While we're at it, how about if the Awakened represent Brahma (creating a new order to exist alongside the Shapers), the Obeyers represent Vishnu (maintaining the existing Shaper order), and the Takers represent Shiva (destroying the old Shaper order to make way for something new).

I guess what I'm saying here is that you can literally read anything into anything.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Rock - Obeyers
Paper - Awaken
Scissors - Takers

Thank you for responding to my wisecrack. I was beginning to think my sarcasm was being boycotted.

That said... Rock: Takers, Scissors: Awakened, Paper: Obeyers
You have to consider them in the context of the game.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Rock - Obeyers
Paper - Awaken
Scissors - Takers

Thank you for responding to my wisecrack. I was beginning to think my sarcasm was being boycotted.

That said... Rock: Takers, Scissors: Awakened, Paper: Obeyers
You have to consider them in the context of the game.

You're too good for us: we don't know how to respond to wit this great is all.

• 8 months later...
Originally Posted By: Sylae
oh good i was wondering where this thread in general from january about geneforge went

It's good to know that SW has a backup Lilith in case the original ever explodes in a fit of sardonic wit somehow.

Granted, the backup isn't quite as god as the real thing, but it still should work in a pinch.