Spidweb. Famous?

Trenton.

Wikipedia will eventually contain all the knowledge of mankind. Rather, wikis in general (including, in this case, Ermarian and its ilk), will slowly come to dominate our puny world, then destroy mankind to prevent the creation of new information.

(Actual answer: no, and yes)

(Actual actual answer: Wikipedia does actually have some standards about relevance. Occasionally, I have known classmates to create articles as school projects. Several have been deleted due to general superfluousness.)

That article is written and revised mostly by people on these forums, I believe. Wikipedia doesn't happen by magic. It happens by people being interested in things and writing.

—Alorael, who thinks Spiderweb has far more fame behind it. It's an indie game company that's been indie since before the term "indie" really existed. It survived the rise and fall of shareware. Jeff's been making his living longer than a lot of famous game outfits. That's a claim to fame.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
It definitely survived the fall of shareware, but the rise of shareware predates it by many years.

True, but it survived the heyday and nadir of shareware.

—Alorael, who specifically means shareware games, which were really a phenomenon of the 90's. Shareware itself is older.

Its a good thing that jeff made it so long as his games are great. I just found another company which in my opinion, could have been jeff material if they had kept at it till this day. Unfortunately Tom Proudfoot's unfinished games will likely never see the light of day. Its a shame really because that topdown view is so rare to find and natuk was great. The only other company that made a similar game to jeff's with regards to top down view and rpg style, would be helherron. And i dont think their still around either.

Originally Posted By: Death Knight
The only other company that made a similar game to jeff's with regards to top down view and rpg style, would be helherron.

Nope. Although the style of Jeff's RPGs is now niche, it was once upon a time the dominant style. That time was in the late 80's and early 90's, but there are mountains of computer and console RPGs in similar styles.

Really, i didnt think there were any. Do you know of any other top-down isometric-view rpg games like natuk, avernum or geneforge and helherron out there?

Ive checked websites and found nothing. There was one website called home of the underdogs which might have some, but i dont know i couldnt find any.

The only reason i ask is because jeff's games are the only games i play. Its crazy but i find every other game out there to pale in comparison to his.

Ive tried eschalon book 1-2, but i found it to be too clickfesty. There were only tactics if you were a mage and or priest. I played a rogue and fighter and everything was just click attack, attack, death, repeat. There was no backstab, no aimed attacks or tactics. I couldnt get into any of the eschalon series games as i like games where tactics are there other than drinking a potion or attacking.

They are still good games and are well written, but i couldnt get into them.

Originally Posted By: Death Knight
Really, i didnt think there were any. Do you know of any other top-down isometric-view rpg games like natuk, avernum or geneforge and helherron out there?

Um, Fallout? Arcanum? Baldur's Gate? There have been lots and lots of isometric RPGs. Heck, just go check out Good Old Games' RPG section and you'll find dozens of them for like $10 each.