Thorns Supply

There seems to be a problem with my game. I am playing a servile and have a venom baton. I am at the point of the game where all i find are acid thorns instead of venom ones. Is there a way to create or forge thorns to use for each particular baton or am i doomed. Ive played all the avernums and never had a problem with restocking. I really dont want to restart the game as i am at least half way done. Can someone tell me how to forge thorns for my venom baton. Thankyou.

I really would but i need to find one first. The problem im having with geneforge is that unlike avernum 4-6, there is only a limited supply of missile weapons. I was aiming for enhancing one of the batons at the forge, but whats the point of doing that when the next one i get will replace that one. I should have really gone melee as i dont run out of that. Is there a way of respending your previous skills like in avernum and avadon?

You can't enhance batons or other missile weapons on an enchanted anvil, so that's not a issue. (And even if it was, I don't see how it's worse than finding upgraded melee weapons after you've enhanced the one you currently have.)

The item list for G4 shows that there is an acid baton in Rocky Point and another in Eliza's Bunker, as well as a submission baton in Grosch Pits.

No, there is no way to respend your skill spoints in Geneforge. (Probably a good thing overall, considering how easily and how often that feature would be abused.)

Dikiyoba.

Im going to try and find that acid baton, but for now, i might have to get that crafting started in the mine. The ghosts allow me to craft items and judging from that list, i think i need to make a few rods or wands. I have all the ingredients, just need to check that list for where i can find a few sticks. I dont think they sell them anywhere.

Until i raise my dex, im going to need to use melee before i make the wands.

Oof. You're not halfway through the game, more like a quarter. That changes things.

If you've bought out all the venom thorns from shopkeepers (or have sold everything already and still totally broke), then you're out of luck for a little while. Still, you should be able to make do. Hopefully you still have some crystals, javelins, and/or wands. (It really helps to be sneaky and steal items when you can.) If not, melee attacks and mental magic should be doable, even if you haven't really invested in them.

Dikiyoba.

• 3 weeks later...

I can empathize with your "running out of thorns" problem. When I played G2 I got all the way to the end when I realized that because I was totally dependent on my baton, I was going to have to start over from the beginning. I had used up all of the reapers and submission thorns in the game before I got to the toughest enemies. I certainly learned a lesson about carrying weapons that require ammunition..........