Zombies! - an AIMHack

Lazarus.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Nikki
Caitlin turned it down because she lied her ass off about being a master at it. If it's going to go to waste, sure, she'll take it (and Laurence can have the bat), but I didn't want to use Caitlin's way with words to steal other people's loot.
I have no problem giving the katana to Caitlin. After all, what's Kyle going to do with it? Open heart surgery? tongue

I need to update my inventory list. This is everything I have based on the logs and what happened last night.

Click to reveal.. (Kyle's Inventory)
On Person:

- T-Shirt, jeans, boxers, shoes

- Pocket Knife: contains blade, file, and scissors.

- Standard Pistol: 9/10 bullets loaded

Athletic Bag:

- Bandages: 14

- Suture Kit: 2

- Bottle of Aspirin: 10 pills

- Bottle of Rubbing Alcohol: mostly full

- 32 oz, Aluminum Water Bottle: less than half full

- 3 t-shirts, a pair of blue jeans, and 4 pairs of boxers.

- 3 packages of jerkey

- Bar of soap

- Bottle of shampoo

- Bottle of disinfectant

- Deodorant

- Screwdriver

- AA batteries: 8

- Pump-action Shotgun: 0/4 shells loaded

- Shotgun shells: 5

- Several bottles of painkillers

Stowed in Fire Truck:

- Katana

- Jug of filtered water

Also, if I could get more information on those painkillers we found, that would be awesome.

Hmm. The Crossbow's looking a bit awesome but impractical unless/until someone takes the Sleight of Hand feat. As for the bows, Devin could use them questionably well, and Caitlin might find the bows useful if she takes another point of STR. But other than that, it seems that they're best relegated to emergency weapons, or weapons to use when we need to stay quiet (like inside a zombie-infested city).

Also, wow, that SMG is inefficient. It only does 1.5 damage per bullet, compared to a semi-auto's 3 and a revolver's 4. It'd be useful if we need to put out a lot of damage quickly (like a massive swarm of zombies or a bunch of enemies with body armor) or just had ammo to burn, but... yeah. Yikes. The Assault Rifle looks to be just as bad in terms of efficiency, at only 2.25 damage per bullet (which is terrible when compared to William's rifle, which does 5 per bullet).

Also, yeep, Kyle's running really low on sutures. I guess it's a good thing we haven't really been taking a lot of damage thusfar.

So, my level:

Click to reveal.. (Level 4)
Name: Dr. Clyve Fourier

Alignment: Might not be Lawful Evil

STR: 2 (+1)

DEX: 2

PCP: 2

INT: 6

HP 14/14/14

AC: 13

SPD: 3

Engineering: 6 (+12)

Gun Knowledge: 6 (+12)

First Aid: 3 (+9)

Tactics: 2 (+8)

Speechcraft: 6 (+3)

Observation: 1 (+3)

FEAT: Well-Read (+4 INT 1/Day)

FEAT: Armed Academic (+6 TH to Semi-automatic pistols)

And my inventory:

Click to reveal.. (Inventory)

-INVENTORY

-EQUIPPED

-Lab coat (AC 1)

-Shirt and tie (White/Black)

-Slacks (Black)

-Kitchen knife (1 DMG)

-Walther P-99 (3 DMG, 10 R) [Laser sight]

-Small-caliber rounds (5 R)

-Aviators

-CARRY-ON BAG

-Tommy gun (? DMG 50R 10R/BST)

-Assault rifle (5 DMG 20R 4R/BST)

-First-aid kit (1 bandage 1 suture)

-Solar powered calculator

-Lab notebook

-Pens/Pencils

-Short-sleeved dress shirt (Blue)

-Slacks (Tan)

-Cigarettes (Many)

-Lighter

-Cordless Drill

-FIRE TRUCK

-Calibrated pipette

-Microbiology textbook

-Lab manual

-Vodka (2 bottles)

-Rum (2 bottles)

-Massive safe (???)

-Sugar (10 Lbs)

-Teriyaki Jerky (4 Bags)

Yay, log!

Dantius/Clyve: The safe's in the sedan. Also, I'm fairly certain Assault Rifles do 9Dmg a burst, not 5.

Anyway, assuming Lazarus is okay with it, I think I'm going to do some reloading and move some stuff around again. I'll edit my inventory to reflect those changes.

Also, since I'm feeling rather inquisitive, I have more questions!

First, I just re-read some of the rules, and came across this:

Originally Posted By: Lazarus
Damage Reduction: Some characters are resistant to certain types of damage, [...] Burst fire weapons receive double damage reduction.

Wow. If I'm reading that correctly, that means that a Piercing DR of 2 would wind up doubling to 4 against an attacker wielding a Burst Fire weapon. Is this true, or am I misreading it?

Second, is the Feat list complete, or will more be added at some point? I'm guessing there'll be a Bow weapon proficiency added, but will there be others?

Third, what kind of stats does the Tommy Gun have?

Fourth, during the shootout last session, Clyve fired his gun three times in one round:

Quote:
(10:15:46 PM) Clyve Fourier: I fire off three pistol shots through the van to see if it hits anyone.

(10:15:47 PM) Clyve Fourier: mageantonius rolled 1 20-sided die: 4

[...]

(10:18:27 PM) DM: [Clyve] fires his pistol, but doesn't hear any screaming so probably didn't find his target.

My question is, what are the rules governing this (assuming there are any)?

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Fourth, during the shootout last session, Clyve fired his gun three times in one round:
Quote:
(10:15:46 PM) Clyve Fourier: I fire off three pistol shots through the van to see if it hits anyone.
[...]
(10:18:27 PM) DM: [Clyve] fires his pistol, but doesn't hear any screaming so probably didn't find his target.

That wasn't during combat, though. They weren't shooting back, so I was basically shooting to see if I could penetrate their cover.

I'd imagine it was just the same as any action taken out of combat.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Quote:
[...]

That wasn't during combat, though. They weren't shooting back, so I was basically shooting to see if I could penetrate their cover.

I'd imagine it was just the same as any action taken out of combat.

Still, I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

You're correct about the DR burst fire thing. The damage from the burstfire weapons roughly assumes that you're hitting with 2 of the 4 bullets from the burst, hence the double reduction.

Yes, bows will be added to the feat list. I haven't been giving much thought to coming up with new ones, but if new weapons/vehicles whatever come into play then maybe.

I haven't come up with stats for the tommy gun. It's shooting lots of high caliber bullets so it does a lot of damage, offset somewhat by its spray. I think Clyve killed two people with one burst at least once, so that'll give you some idea.

If you're out of combat your actions are more or less un-timed, even if they're actions that would typically be combat actions (like shooting a gun.) If Clyve had hit one of the raiders and provoked a response (started combat), then his extra shots would have been called off.

Edit: Thoughts on doing the next session some time this Saturday?

Aaaand, super long post. First of all, Caitlin, version 4. I have to admit, it was hard not to put all three points into Deception. tongue

Click to reveal..
Name: Caitlin Youngs

Level: 4

STR 3 (+1)

DEXT 4

PE 2

INT 3

HP: ?/?/?

AC: 14

MS: 5

Skills:

Athletics: 5 (+1)

Driving: 1

Observation: 3

Sneak: 3

Tactics: 4 (+1)

Speechcraft: 2

Deception: 3 (+5 from perk) (+1)

Feats:

Compulsive Liar: +5 Deception, cannot use Negotiation or Intimidation

Weapon Proficiency (Melee): No -4 HIT penalty when using melee weapons

Next, inventory. I might have forgotten to add some things, but I've tried to keep up with this.

Weapons:

- Shotgun (Empty)

- Aluminium baseball bat

- Can of pepper spray

- Large shallow pan.

- Pistol (2 shots)

Clothes/worn:

- Baseball shirt, jeans, baseball shoes, underwear.

- Three changes of clothes

- The most amazing blanket ever

- Brooch

- Stolen Rolex

Medicines:

- 2 bandages

- Some bandaids

- Ointment for treating burns

- 1 bottle aspirin

- Eyedrops

Food: (Not sure how much of this is left, since I haven't been deducting from it day-by-day)

- Two bottles of Puro Spring Water

- JUICE!!

- 2 cans tuna

- 4 packets of jerky

- 1 box of poptarts

- A few Granola bars.

- Candy!!

- Crisps!!

Miscellaneous:

- Pocket mirror

Nikki trying to rip me off? Haven't seen that before...

Seriously though my bad guys. I checked this morning and it didn't look like this was getting off the ground, then started working on some homework. It was probably for the best that I missed it, and hopefully Nikki kept it from being a total bust.

I'll tentatively say I could try again Wednesday night, but that depends a lot on how much work I get done in the next two days. Otherwise Saturday?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like he can. frown

Normally, I wouldn't suggest this, since I don't like stepping on someone's toes, but seeing as we've gotten absolutely no response from Lazarus of any kind in nearly the last four weeks, I have a proposal.

If people are still interested in Zombies!, I could very well run my own campaign. I've been thinking about running a campaign of something for a while now. Players in this campaign would be eligible, as would new players. Odds are, I'd put it in a separate continuity from Lazarus's campaign (so I could add my own twists onto it), and it'd also be more difficult as well (I've been wanting to run something with greater difficulty, and a Zombie Apocalypse seems the perfect setting to do it in). Thoughts?

If people are still interested in Zombies!, I could very well run my own campaign. I've been thinking about running a campaign of something for a while now.
I actually had a similar idea myself. I've been thinking about getting into the DM ring for a while, and this could be a good starting point for me. I've had this good idea for a Zombies! like campaign for a while, but I would need a lot of prep time before I'd even consider running it.

Players in this campaign would be eligible, as would new players. Odds are, I'd put it in a separate continuity from Lazarus's campaign (so I could add my own twists onto it), and it'd also be more difficult as well (I've been wanting to run something with greater difficulty, and a Zombie Apocalypse seems the perfect setting to do it in). Thoughts?
I would totally be up for that, sure. The greater difficulty sounds good too. Things were starting to get easy in this campaign.