Godly Gazer? WTH?[G5]

Okay so i restarted my Geneforge 5: Overthrow as a Sorceress cause i keep being a shaper. So the roleplay info is i'm just a Sorceress in total anger in the Shaper Council and soon if i can i'll totally wipe them all out.

Enough Roleplay, i always go through the, i think its called the Kratoa-kel gate? But i always skipped Lerman's Pass. I decided to go there and even on the easiest difficult, i dropped my jaw and went "WTF just happened?". I can't seem to defeat that Gazer guy, i had to use "Healmenow", "Rechargeme", "Iamweak" and "Shieldsup" one too many times. And no matter how strong the equipment i bring the gazer always seems to kill my creations and pretty much own me. Does anyone have some tips on how to defeat it? I know its not necessary but still i wanna have a challenge. And this is too much of a challenge

Originally Posted By: AethirWeb
Okay so i restarted my Geneforge 5: Overthrow as a Sorceress cause i keep being a shaper. So the roleplay info is i'm just a Sorceress in total anger in the Shaper Council and soon if i can i'll totally wipe them all out.

Enough Roleplay, i always go through the, i think its called the Kratoa-kel gate? But i always skipped Lerman's Pass. I decided to go there and even on the easiest difficult, i dropped my jaw and went "WTF just happened?". I can't seem to defeat that Gazer guy, i had to use "Healmenow", "Rechargeme", "Iamweak" and "Shieldsup" one too many times. And no matter how strong the equipment i bring the gazer always seems to kill my creations and pretty much own me. Does anyone have some tips on how to defeat it? I know its not necessary but still i wanna have a challenge. And this is too much of a challenge

As everyone else has said, save him for later on in the game; you just don't have the levels or creations strong enough to beat him when you're first trying to get out of the Mera-Tev. Fortunately, though, you can defeat the possessed captain and take his key to escape Lerman's Pass and put you back on the proper route.