Find Quennel

bonnie_lou

• 1 month later...

Quennel appears in one of the southern cells (the cell block you could only reach after getting the key from Quiria) after you report that the dungeon is cleared to Heart Miranda. Specifically, he is in the cell with the door that can't be picked. You won't be able to talk to him and get his name until after you have the quest.

Dikiyoba.

I've cleared the dungeon of pests and rioters, I visited Miranda and the dungeon clearance thing doesn't appear - I thought you get the key from Callan, Mamora says. Who's this Quiria woman?

Seems the staff running Avadon don't know they're arse from their elbow. I'm accumulating half-done quests as there's no real information or waymarkers in the journal - one of the major quibbles I have with this game! *fume*

Quiria was the last prisoner you killed-- the mage on the little island. You may not have noticed that you got a key at the time, but it would have unlocked the doors that let you back to the starting point in the dungeon.

If you have the Quennel quest, Quennel is there. If not, don't worry about it yet.

Ah yes, the snooty mage on the island? Yes I recall now. The Q quest is in the journal. I think I picked up the key, I'll just check...nope don't have it. Most of my quests have plateaus and are accumulating due to lack of progress.

This is getting annoying now, as you don't know which quest triggers what progress, so you circumlocute and perigrinate around the entire continent trying to find some NPC, *any* NPC, that will offer a clue, and even then it's more wild goose chases, quest brick walls and "no you can't unlock that door".

:-/

*Throws hands in the air*

Neverwinter Nights was never annoying in that way.

I think I'll start the game again. I must have lost the key or it might be a glitch. I might get a refund.

You can't lose this key, it's not in your inventory. Open your journal and look at the top of the window. Click "Special Items". You'll see "Avadon Gate Key" on the left. If you click on it, you'll see some text on the right describing what it is and where you got it. If you hadn't had it, you would not have been able to escape the dungeon.

As for Quennel's exact location, X marks the spot:

Click to reveal..
avadondungeoncopy.jpg

I've got Ahmed's book and returned it to that tower NPC, I though at least she could do is disappear so I could rob her blind heheh...Quennel has already made his mind up - I should have saved before my convo with him. I should have lied to him, but thought I was being fair. It seems diplomacy and being conciliatory doesn't get you as far as being aggressive.

I remember Quennel wasting a good chunk of my life. I repeatedly checked every cell, circling the whole place, even proceeding to check the lower dungeon several times. Eventually I did find out you have to talk to him through the window, but not knowing that really wasted a lot of my time. Very frustrating.