Win 7 and Geneforge

Faithful

I am trying to figure out what to buy during the Spiderweb sale and have a question.

I downloaded the original Geneforge and during install it says it is made to work up to Windows XP.

I am unsure if this is just a limitation of the demo, or is this for the full game as well.

Does anyone know for certain if ALL the Geneforge games will run on Win 7 with no issues?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

They should do, and there have been reports of them working fine for others, but if in doubt you can always download the demos and see if they run okay on your computer. Were you actually able to get Geneforge to install and run, despite the installer saying it wasn't supported?

Originally Posted By: Lilith
They should do, and there have been reports of them working fine for others, but if in doubt you can always download the demos and see if they run okay on your computer. Were you actually able to get Geneforge to install and run, despite the installer saying it wasn't supported?

I was not very clear in my first post, as I was looking for what I thought would be a quick answer from those that are running the game.

I am currently running XP, I bought Win 7 64 bit and have not installed it yet.

So, my question was future orientated.

Originally Posted By: RCCCL
I've got Windows 7 64 bit on my laptop, it runs Geneforge just fine.

The only Spiderweb games I've had problems with are the Exile series(much to my disappointment).
If your laptop is running Win7 Pro, you can run the Exile series in Windows XP mode; otherwise, you'll need some kind of emulation software like DosBox or VirtualBox.