GF3. Creation Tier

Firecage

Vlish in G3 are quite powerful. Make a posse of them on Harmony Isle after learning from Diwaniya, they'll get you through the rest of the game. Just remember that sometimes you have to have them close to engage in melee combat, against some enemies resistant to their regular attacks. A hoard of Vlish is all you'll need, though (well, some blessing magic really helps).

Originally Posted By: Rionep Ecnirp Etlevs
Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Yes. Vlish are overpowered in G3. Use them.

Dikiyoba.

Late in the game, I can't imagine them being any good unless you've leveled magic shaping or kept your vlish alive throughout. Wouldn't their Str/Dex be too low to hit-stun much higher level creations?

No. In the first three Geneforge games, any creation raised to a high level would have more or less indistinguishable, very very high stats. Due to balance adjustments made in G2 and then G3 that weakened pretty much everything other than Vlish attacks, they are absurdly overpowered in G3. See the Broken Vlish analysis linked from G3 Strategy Central for more details.

Normal Vlish are fine, and they are cheaper in essence, and can be obtained sooner (I think there is a canister of Create Vlish in the Twinmind Tunnels, so the soonest you could get Terror Vlish is by training for two levels with Diwaniya and then getting that canister). Plain Vlish may actually be better overall, though.

Not true -- in the first three games regular Vlish slow. I don't remember what the ancillary effect of Terror Vlish is in G3 -- it's either poison or slow IIRC -- but the really cool thing about them is that their ranged attack is poison elemental, which is totally unique and extremely useful. Since Vlish are so overpowered, I recommend a mix of 5 regular Vlish and 2 Terror Vlish (which are more expensive, which means you don't make them till later which in G3 means they are permanently at a lower level).