Drakon class mod available?[G5]

vstef96

No downloads necessary, here's what you do. You edit the creature definition for the Shock Trooper, and change the number "cr_graphic_template" to 85. Beware, if you equip a sword, you turn into an Eyebeast, and if you equip a baton, you turn into a golem.

The creature definition is in the g5itemschars.txt file in the data folder in your game location.

I've never really thought about script editing, though I've looked at lots of Geneforge scripts. So I wonder something:

Just how far is it possible to go in customizing the game by editing scripts?

Could you entirely re-write the story, effectively having a 'Blades of Geneforge' that was unfortunately tied to the same terrain as the original game?

I only ask from idle curiosity, since the constraint of keeping the terrain the same would probably make it fairly dull to totally revise the game. The most that would likely be worth doing would be a few cosmetic changes here and there, if you wanted to spell a few things out more clearly than Jeff does.

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
Just how far is it possible to go in customizing the game by editing scripts?
Could you entirely re-write the story, effectively having a 'Blades of Geneforge' that was unfortunately tied to the same terrain as the original game?

You couldn't easily change the endings, because those are hard-coded into the game. So that would be something of a stumbling block.

• 1 month later...

Source code is the original computer code, in this case written in C++ that is compiled to make the hard code executable file that you play.

The scripts for the zones are in a format that can be edited and some of the data files can also be changed once you know what the information means.