A6 - Gladwell (spoilers)

VCH

Ending if you help Gladwell all the way:

Click to reveal..
Gladwell moves out of his new power base and replaces Starrus as king of Avernum restoring the power balance with himself in charge.

Ending if you help Gladwell all the way and kill him:

Click to reveal..
Starrus remains king and you get to wonder what would have happened if Gladwell had consolidated his power.

Gladwell does have a really funny line if you help him all the way and then decide to attack him.

Gladwell alive, Melanchion dead, Farrar dead, Darkside Loyalists dead, the Scourge Dead, Tenevra in ruins:

Click to reveal..
Gladwell takes over from King Starrus for a reduced Avernum. They don't have the power to displace the Sliths, but the Sliths can't advance. The Abyss stays free since Melanchion isn't able to take over even without Farrar to fight Spire.

damn you randomizer, i just finished frown those are the same events I have but yeah, that's what happens. i'm gonna take that save and kill gladwell now and see what happens.

btw, i just noticed, the variables that change the game, if I kill gladwell now, i will have murdered everybody i can tongue... hmm, you think I can kill the king? this demands investigation...

does anyone know what happens if you kill the scourge but not tenevra? IE, can I trade the northern neighbor from slith to vahnatai? seems like a superior outcome, unless they decide to fight gladwell

i'm kind of curious now.. it's way too late for me to change these, but what happens if you don't eliminate tenevra? the scourge? what happens if you leave both alive? do they both invade you if you leave them alone, but cancel each other out if you don't? it's exam season, i don't have time for another replay.. tongue