Need help with expert area[G5]

err...yeah i kinda need help with the expert area...i'm having trouble with the beginning gauntlet...the part before the rothdizons (i don't know how to spell that)

i'm currently level 47...

stats are as followed

1035 Health

260 Essence

22 Strength

5 Dexterity

6 Intelligence

17 Endurance

21 Melee Weapons

3 Missile Weapons

18 Quick Action

14 Parry

3 Battle magic

3 Mental Magic

6 Blessing Magic

6 Spellcraft

2 Fire Shaping

3 Battle Shaping

3 Magic Shaping

11 Healing Craft

11 Leadership

9 Mechanics

3 Luck

Gear as followed

Cloak: Guardian's Cloak with Golden Crystal

Chest: Drakonian Plate with Golden Crystal

Belt: Medic's Sustainer with Golden Crystal

Weapon: Viper's Touch with Runed Amethyst

Ring: Dhonal's Band with Golden Crystal

Necklace: Talisman of Might

Gloves: Ornk Skin Gauntlets with Golden Crystal

Shield: Agent's Shelter

Pants: Black Iron Greaves with Golden Crystal

Boots: Assassin's Boots with Golden Crystal

I don't know what I'm doing wrong...could anyone enlighten me?

You don't need creations here, but I'd recommend making firesteel gauntlets and using mental magic here. I found with my guardian that charm really worked wonders here. There are just too many high health creations to kill them before the next one appears. Especially since a few will slow you as their attack. By making them fight each other you can buy some time to take out a few and even up the odds.

With no creations and very limited magical ability, you're going to have serious problems with the challenge area. If you can't kill the spawned creations as fast as they appear with an army of your own creations, and you can't charm some of them to fight on your side, then you're going to be overwhelmed. You don't really have very many options: you can try to use wands of terror, madness gems or similar items to reduce the number of enemies attacking you at once, but you're still going to be outnumbered. Replacing your armour and shield with the Quicksilver Plate (dropped by Guardian Kulish in Zephyr Oasis) and Quicksilver Bulwark (found in Dera South Shore) will improve your chances of getting a second action each round, which should also help a bit.

Ah...so finally I meet the hard wall...what level mental magic would I need to be able to reliably charm the people in the challenge area?

Currently, I do fine in the beginning gauntlet until the ur-drakons and the corrupted drakon spawn...that stupid lightning debuff keeps getting me -.-

I have the Quicksilver Bulwark and Firesteel Gauntlets (I'm pretty sure) right now and I can buy the Quicksilver Bulwark

I have the assassin's boots right now for the +2 action point boost...I thought you can't get above 10 action points despite how many quicksilver items you stacked?

You have a chance with Quicksilver Plate, Quicksilver Bulwark, and the Assasin Boots of getting between 9 and 12 AP each round.

With your stats you will probably be able to charm the rotghroth types most of the time. Too bad madness gems are not in this game. So use lightning gems when you can get a few together for multiple round damage. I'm not sure how effective terror wands are here.

Edit - You also should upgrade your weapon to the puresteel blade from the smith in Dera South Shore. It'll do about twice your current damage.

I kind of like my Viper's Touch though...I feel special with it lol. It was a pain to get...assassinating Litalia... It'd be best to keep it for the debuffs right? I mean like putting a Golden Crystal on the puresteel blade, and using it after it after I hit them once with the Viper's Touch since it poisons and acidifies (after the enchant)

i don't think i can charm with level 3 mental magic though...how high should it be?

p.s. what would be the advantage of 12 action points over 10? you still only get to attack twice

The main point of wearing more AP-boosting gear is that it increases the chance that you'll get at least 10 AP, since every item randomly does or doesn't give you bonus AP every round.

You need a lot of mental magic to reliably charm enemies in the challenge area. Ideally, you'd want around 20 mental magic and 20 spellcraft. You're not going to get it that high, so just get it as high as you can.

Think I have a chance at the rest of the challenge area if I tone down the difficulty to casual down from hard just for the beginning gauntlet? The only thing that really gets me is the stacking magic+lightning aura damage. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have as many problems with the rothidzons with all that armor.

The rothidzons are easy since they'll miss a third of the time with parry and you can stand in a corner to fight 3 at a time. You can heal every few turns while you wear them down.

Most of the Disposal Vault fights can be done with some thought.

The real problem is the next zone, Sammann's Isle. That really needs charm to get through most fights. Items will help like the Firesteel Gauntlets.

Even then creations for a few fights will help. Especially the last one with Sammann.

Edit: I managed to get past the gauntlet, I made two war tralls but now I only have 52 essence left afterwards, thankfully, I have like 30 essence pods saved. Is there any way to kill the drakon without agroing the two shades? Or vice versa, is there a way to get past the drake without aggroing him and causing him to shape mobs.

The proper way to do the area is in fact to spend half the time being chased down by the drakon's creations while you try to deal with the shades and the other enemies. There are a couple of alternatives.

1) The drakon is vulnerable to acid before you disable its defenses, so you can kill it that way.

2) This is a bug exploit, but if you leave the area after the drakon starts shaping creations, it won't shape any more creations when you re-enter the area, even if it sees you.

You can kill the drakon in a straight fight, but it's much harder while shielded. I found that acid works best, but it's a long fight.

You still have to deal with the glaahks before reaching the pair bound constructs. While you probably have enough health to get past them, your only way to avoid fighting them too is daze and hope it works with you low mental magic.

Ugh alright. Also, I need some opinions on this matter, Viper's Touch vs. Puresteel Blade vs. Puresteel Soulblade.

First one has poison effect and poison resist (negligible)

Second one has highest damage

Third one has + Quick Action and Parry

I'm trying to decide whether to use a golden crystal on the puresteel blade or save it for the puresteel soulblade. Reason being is that I think I'm drawing close to the end of the golden crystals, I've enchanted every single piece of my armor with one, and according to the walkthrough, he only found 3, so I'm worried that the one I have now might be the last one left in the game.