Instant 61 script help?[G5]

Yeah so I've beaten Geneforge 5 and all and now I'm learning about scripting it and trying different things but I can't figure out what script you use to make you instantly lvl 61 I've based my progress off of this:

begintalknode 134;

state = 130;

nextstate = -1;

condition = 1;

question = "Experience.";

text1 = "You now have more experience.";

code =

award_party_xp(500,1);

award_party_xp(2500,get_level(pc_num()));

award_party_xp(1,get_level(pc_num()));

break;

and I have tried making it like award_party_xp(10000 etc. but I just can't figure it out any info about it would be appreciated. Also note this dialogue is in the script z0pacificdlg.txt .

Yeah it's very complicated but if you look up some older scripting guides and scripting editors (say to make a pacification pylon give all shaping spells) then you start to see a pattern and can identify what does what. Like I said it's really complicated (I had no clue what it was when I first looked at it) but it gets easier once you know how the scripts are written.

And playing around with the scripts and seeing what happens is also a good way to increase your understanding of them. But always make sure there are backups of the scripts, in case you messed something up.

Originally Posted By: Ganduvvv
Yeah so I've beaten Geneforge 5 and all and now I'm learning about scripting it and trying different things but I can't figure out what script you use to make you instantly lvl 61 I've based my progress off of this:

begintalknode 134;

state = 130;

nextstate = -1;

condition = 1;

question = "Experience.";

text1 = "You now have more experience.";

code =

award_party_xp(500,1);

award_party_xp(2500,get_level(pc_num()));

break;

and I have tried making it like award_party_xp(10000 etc. but I just can't figure it out any info about it would be appreciated. Also note this dialogue is in the script z0pacificdlg.txt .

Someone might think of something better, but maybe you could just do the

line over and over again, maybe in different conversations so you are able to spent all of the skill points. Unless you are, also, scripting your character to 30 in all stats, then you could put 61 of those lines in one conversation.

Yeah, at the moment I've been playing around with the canister script trying to figure out how to make it multiple uses... so far I've figured out how to stop it from dieing but I click on it and nothing...

EDIT: Exiting the zone seems to restore it so yeah.

UPDATE: Found out if you erase the

kill_object(ME,0);

part and put the been_used = 1 part to 0 you can use canisters over and over again they will not disappear more on the matter will update if find any glitches...

I'm not going through a lot of effort to cheat considering I've beaten the game several run throughs no cheating, but I'm very interested in how scripts work and have been trying to get as much information as possible, and for your second question I already know how to do that but I'm trying to figure out how the award_xp scripts work.

Why are you trying to get a immediate lvl 61 cheat thing anyways? I mean, yeah you'd be really strong and it'd be fun but, Where's the sense of accomplishment, being able to say that you got that high without cheating?... Ok, Now that I read that over it sounds really, REALLY lame... I depend on certain cheats like healmenow and shieldsup

Uhg I am not using it to become instantly level 61 I am using it to figure out how G5 scripts work cheating does ruin the game that's why with every playthrough I never use the editor or whatever you want to call it, the only thing I MIGHT use it for is if I want to experience a certain ending/playthrough very easily or if I want to test out the Ur-Drakon/Eyebeast on a playthrough so if you want to question my motives please keep it to yourself, this thread is for any information which may be helpful thus the "help" in the title thank you.