End game vs End game[G5]

Acky

So, what was a more fantastic end battle to the Geneforge series? In your opinion.

Both are very well done. But the Rebel end game is too me is much more clamatic. And more difficult. Being able to destroy the Shaper council once and for all was just awesome. It is also the closes Geneforge comes since G1 to a full on, huge battle.

The Last Archon

IMHO it's the Rebel ending too, and not only for its endgame - the leadup to it for me was just as hard. I dunno about the rest of you, Alwan was the only Shaper I could be sneaky with, I pretty much had to storm all of the other strongholds to get to their respective Shapers - including Zephyr Oasis which meant that I didn't get rewarded for killing Bennhold that particular time. frown

I've only done the Astoria ending, but I have to say it was a bit disappointing. I just buffed the allied minions and plowed through to the sole target, focused fire of Ghaldring, and won. I'm guessing the full-on Shaper ending with Alwan is similar. Next to that, taking on every member of the council sounds sweet.

I was a bit disappointed to find out the Alwan final battle is exactly the same, with Astoria helping you and everything. I did like that battle, however. I liked the continuous stream of creations fighting each other while you fought your way around the peripheries of the chamber. That what a true battle between shaping masters should look like.