Technical Problem in Shaper Citadel?[G5]

Doo

Hi guys, brand spanking new account, but I've been lurking on and off in between the spurts when I've played the games.

I do have a problem now though: I'm at the Shaper Citadel. I proceed in to meet the Shaper Council, all fine and dandy, blew up anything and everything that stood in my way. However, when I actually get to meet the Shaper Council, I only get to the point where I'm asked to approach (the fourth window of text since entering the Shaper Citadel, where Rawal stares to see if you've still got the controoundl tool or not). After that, the whole game screws up. For some reason, my guy and creations just turn around and walks out of the hall, but at like half a frame per second rate. Once I get out of the hall, I get the Kill Ghaldring quest popup, but then the game just freezes. Occasionally I get a nonresponsive crash from Windows, but otherwise I have to kill the game myself. I've tried this a couple of times already, and it keeps repeating.

I'm wondering if this could be related to my current in-game situation. I got the Shaper Citadel mission from Alwan while currently in Astoria's faction (I had just joined Astoria's faction, but completed Alwan's Purifying Agent quest, went back to Alwan who then gave me the Citadel quest).

Any sort of solution would be extremely appreciated. I've clocked consecutive days on this file and my last meaningful backup file was when I was still with the Rebels trying to kill Alwan (my little Lifecrafter's had quite a twisted journey, yes...o___o").

Shifting factions like that probably screwed up the saved game file since the sdf is set for each faction. You need to go to another zone from the autosave file or a file before the Shaper Citadel and type

Shift and D (brings up the cheat code box)

then type sdf 12 2 17 (enter)

then type sdf 100 18 1 (enter)

then type sdf 100 16 1 (enter)

then go to Shaper Citadel and see if it works now. I don't know if this sets all the sdfs right so you get the right quest and dialog information.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Shifting factions like that probably screwed up the saved game file since the sdf is set for each faction. You need to go to another zone from the autosave file or a file before the Shaper Citadel and type

--- (brings up the cheat code box)

--- (enter)
--- (enter)
--- (enter)

then go to Shaper Citadel and see if it works now. I don't know if this sets all the sdfs right so you get the right quest and dialog information.

I don't mean to tell you how to run your life or whatever, but shouldn't the middle part of your post (the part i changed to ---'s) belong in a

box?