Where is Drypeak[G5]

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Didn't the most canonical G2 ending imply that the Shapers destroyed most of the Drypeak area? There wouldn't be many ruins or clues left to find.

Dikiyoba.

Well..if that is the area from G2, it's where the rebellion started, and most likely the heart of the rebellion. Thus, yes, probably its just a barren wasteland now.

Drypeak is both the name of the valley and the settlement (or so I believe). It is my understanding that the Shapers destroyed all settlements in the whole valley, but the valley itself still exists somewhere in the mountains near gazakii-uss.

Originally Posted By: Gondor2222

Well..if that is the area from G2, it's where the rebellion started, and most likely the heart of the rebellion. Thus, yes, probably its just a barren wasteland now.

Technically, the rebellion started on the Ashen Isles in GF3, but a number of key things happened in the valley that lead up to the rebellion.

Originally Posted By: Spddin
Oh yeah, they didn't destroy drypeak(i don't think). But they killed Zachary. I know they didn't destroy the drakon lair, because they would've found ghaldrin if they had.

Actually, I remember at some point talking to Ghaldring, probably in GF4, where he says he remained hidden in some super secret chamber as the Shapers destroyed everything nearby.

Lol there's always a pattern..You start with barzahl creating a drakon. The drakon creates another drakon, who is kept in a top secret chamber until G3. In G3, the drakon comes out, wreaks havoc, etc. etc. and creates another drakon and hides that drakon in a super secret chamber. In G4, that super secret drakon comes out, wreaks havoc, etc. etc. and creates more super secret drakons and hides them in chambers. crazy

But it's something that could be researched by Shapers. They just might leave the door closed, sealed even more by Shapers, and monitored. And then a giant, angry drakon comes out, blows through the barriers, kills the observers, and does his Ghaldring thing.

—Alorael, who has no idea where you got the idea that Drypeak is supposed to be in the Storm Plains. A dry place does not belong among storms, and a peak does not go well with plains.

Quote:
It says that drypeak is in the storm plains when you read rawals journal

Note quite. Check again. The exact text:

Quote:
This is some information about your origin, but not much. The Drypeak Mountains are some distance to the south, near the Storm Plains

The emphasis added is mine. The journal is correct that it is near the Storm Plains, but not in the Storm Plains. The area by Gazaki-Usss matches this perfectly.

Originally Posted By: Goldenking
Drypeak Colony is gone. The Drypeak Mountains, or at least the western half, are the current theater of battle between the Rebels and the Shapers. Drypeak Valley lies just east of Gazaki-Uss, and just west of Turabi Gate.

Correct.

well if you look at the map i put together, you can see that the Drypeak area is actually a bit east of Gazaki-Uss, and not that close to the Storm Plains.