Around The Game in 80 days...[G5]

Uberdhizon

I cheat by using rechargeme and healmenow whenever I'm at the edge of a zone that gives me access to towns. It turns out I save both loading time and in-game days.

—Alorael, who has also saved disk space by having his hard disk die, taking his saved games with it. He'll estimate that he was sometime around day 100 when he won, and probably around 110-120 when he finished.

This reminds me of Drakey and his repeatedly finishing Exile 3 in less than a week. Pffft.

An interesting challenge though. I wonder what the absolute lowest elapsed time you could possibly achieve would be? On casual I have to imagine it is very doable. It's probably even doable on torment, but that would be a secondary challenge. Onan the Barbarian's Quickie Challenge?

And what would be the fastest faction? Astoria's the fastest to start but she's a bit out of the way from the action. Given that all factions visit mostly the same places, and Gazaki-Uss is one of them, I wonder if Ghaldring wouldn't be the fastest.

No -- that Four Shapers quest (or whatever it's called) would slow that down quite a bit. Maybe Alwan?

I think it involved completing the absolute minimum set of quests necessary and making good use of teleportation and horses. The horses are very important as they reduce travel time drastically in E3. If you knew where to look, it was possible to get some pretty strong equipment and consumable items without doing much fighting.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't have won anyways... I tried creating a PC to go for Rawal and not cheating, but the ultimate strength looming on the horizon became to much for me to resist, and even though I haven't cheated nearly as much as the prievious games, I have still cheated. I'm out of it, for I'm sure that I won't be able to resist long enough to complete the game.