backed into a game-stopping corner?[G5]

I'm not sure if this matters, because it's such a weird thing to do, but I think I've just backed a character into a corner such that she wouldn't be able to finish the game.

This was my Astoria-faction agent, who had been through the entire factional quest series, including Kayar's spire. I brought her to Litalia, had her swear to the Trakovites, and ran her back to the first faction-only trakovite quest, which is to release the shredbugs. The problem comes in that Litalia wants her to report the release to Astoria, who "refrains from killing" her, but who won't talk to her. So she can't finish the trakovite quest series, and of course she can't go back to Astoria.

It seems odd that one couldn't shift from one rebel faction to another -- is Astoria's refusal to talk just because of the crazy-high level at which she left? (I didn't yank her out of the endgame, but it was my last save before the endgame sequence.) It's a little disconcerting to have gotten the character to an unwinnable state...

GF5 v1.0.1 -

* A new cheat code has been added: "resetbugs". This undoes destroying or freeing the shredbugs in the Shadow Road, in case you need to choose a different path for the faction you want to join.

type shift and d, then enter the cheat code and see what happens. You may need to exit and reenter the zone.

resetbugs...undoes destroying or freeing the shredbugs

Thanks randomizer, but the bugs part actually went fine -- it's just the reporting of the incident that won't work.

Abandoning a faction after you've already sworn to join it will annoy that faction.

Yep, I'd gotten that far: I just wanted to verify that it's impossible to move from Astoria's faction to Litalia's?

(The dialogue warns you of the permenancy of the switch; it doesn't warn you that you won't be able to complete the new quest sequence.)

'Resetbugs' does not appear to be working for me: I obtain the quest from Litalia after previously purging the bugs, then use 'resetbugs' several times in different zones; proceed to secret lab and hit 'release' on the control panel, but "the control panel lets out a squeak. Nothing else happens" and on returning to the Haven, my only conversation option is still to tell Litalia that they're destroyed.

Suggestions?

Ah: never mind. The suggested edit for Astoria was also needed, and now - oddly! - I get *both* the 'Astoria is upset' and 'had to destroy bugs' options.

Are there similar reset codes for other quests? For example choosing to help the rebels to escape the camp/choosing to help the shapers to take over the camp [i forget its name, but you know what I am talking about, the camp at the entrance to Bennhold's hideout] makes joining either Taygen's faction or Astoria's faction impossible.