undead by mertis

Yeah, the lag on the blessing is a bit irritating. My suggestion is to enter fight mode as far from each one as possible (which is pretty much how the fight system works now anyway :rolleyes: ) stay put and hit em with a few missles or a spell while they come to you. That usually breaks their protection by the time they are within melee range.

As for the quest, just fight your way through the spiral to the lower level and kill the shade thing in the center. If you talked to the mayors wife (does an undead spouse count you as widowed?) you can complete her quest while your down there.

Dude, that guy gives you something which breaks their protection? I never knew that, since I cleared that place before I even touched the Honeycomb. I just hit them with acid spray, since they don't resist that and you can do 35 damage per round or so. The basic plan is to acid, slow, and tough it out, though that can get sort of boring. Well, it worked in the end, but I guess I should have listened to Elder Arron...

I'm pretty sure Bolt of Fire didn't work, but I'm also pretty sure a few other spells did. I got the disruption ability, but I rarely used it when frying was so much more effective.

—Alorael, who also got distracted and cleared most of the Great Cave before heading back to the Spiral Crypt. That helped.

i had already been to fort saphron(sp) befor I did mertis, (lvl 15ish party) so it was easy, i was just annoyed by the fact that my attacks did like 10-11 dmg once i got a strategy it was fine(i.e. shoot undead with arrow then wait for it to come to my chars, by then the blessing had kicked in)

As far as I could tell, the blessing only dispelled the undead's shield after they struck one of my characters. Attacking them from afar, though always a good idea, won't actually remove their resistance.

On another note, I also cleared 80% of the cave wusing spray acid and enduring armor before I remembered that help could be obtained in the Honeycomb.

Actually, as far as I know, the blessing kicks in on the undead's first turn after being hit. So if you time it right, it can kick in immediately, but you have to know what priority your characters get in combat, relative to the undead.

Not sure if the blessing kicking in can be delayed by Slowing them... it would kind of make sense.

Quote:
Originally written by Wotan:

On another note, I also cleared 80% of the cave wusing spray acid and enduring armor before I remembered that help could be obtained in the Honeycomb.
That's exactly what I ended up doing. In fact, I even killed the undead mayor before I managed to get the blessing. Acid Spray is your friend!

Quote:
Originally written by VCH:
The spiral Crypt was the only place in the game I nearly got trapped. Where all the undead are just motionless leading into the final area, well I didn't kill any of them. Then I hit the last ruins and bam, every damn one attacks me. That was the hardest fight for my group.
Heh... I always thought that was a bug, because I really expected them to attack, and they just sat there until I thwacked them. And like a sensible adventurer, I decided that it would be easier to just hack them apart now rather than later. I'm rather glad I did that now... seems that I saved myself a pretty rough fight.