Automatic Hint Pop Ups

So, how do I turn off all of the Automatic Hint Pop-Ups?

I was able to turn them off in the other Avernum Adventures in the Main Menu Preferences. But, I do not see any way to stop them in Avernum 4. It is rather rude to keep having these things pop-up when you are already familiar with the basic operating principles for Avernum.

Thanks for the info. But, this plus the addition of something called "action points" (where in the world did they come from and what are they for?), not having a clear and definitive picture of each player (they all look alike during battle no matter which picture I actually choose) and the confusion of not being able to select the weapon during battle just took away from the fun I had with the other Avernum games. Why did you take away the use of candles and lamps? confused

So, I think I will pass on purchasing this one.

Avernum 4 is just too different and somtimes frustrating.

In one round of combat my Mage could not cast a spell or even use a weapon for the entire battle because "Action Points" were too low??? What sense does that make?

In another case, a character could not equip armor because the "Action Points" were too low???

I play to relax, not to get frustrated.

It lacks the easy to play and enjoy set-up of the earlier versions. confused

Maybe you need those automatic popups after all. :p

More seriously, A4 is very different than previous Avernums and is much more similar to the first three Geneforges. You need 5 action points to attack. Being slowed or being encumbered because you're carrying too much weight will reduce your action points.

If it's too frustrating to enjoy, then don't play it. Replay an earlier Avernum. Grab Blades of Avernum (and if you are on a Mac, Nethergate: Resurrection) if you haven't already. Geneforge 4 has several improvements over A4, so see if you like it. Finally, judging by what little we know, A5 will probably be a lot easier to work with and more fun to play than A4.

Dikiyoba.