A5 Oop's Fixes, SDF Codes, Edits, Cheats ***SPOILERS***

NewMoneyCheat or

new.money.cheat

How's that? smile

I think that being able to get 30000 coins instantly by a simple edit was a pretty "darn good reason." Sorry you didn't. It's fixed now.

The original "new money cheat" in the 1st post in this thread was not as effective as a "pure money cheat" as this recent one is. I wanted to leave the first one that way to allow more choices. Example: you could still eat cake for 7 health points, or sell 4 pieces for 30000 as well as add other abilities to the giveasnack cheat.

Also, I combined 2 posts into one by replying to a previous one and posting my new one at the same time. That was a reason for the CAPS as well. No boosting post counts for me...

I wanted to make it so people who had already seen the original would realize the difference. I'm aware that all caps is considered "SHOUTING". Though it can be OK in some cases, your point has been made. smile

I'm guessing that the CAPS use in the title of this thread is considered reasonable as it's been that way for several months. No complaints. I'll try to keep a balance between the two.

I'm also guessing you've tried it as there were no complaints because it didn't work properly. So, pretty cool money cheat? wink

Originally Posted By: Hecate
Can I *reduce* characters' stats? I'd like to fix a minor mistake or two that I made in spreading around the skillpoints, but the editor only seems to give me options to boost their skills.

I don't like to really cheat in my first playthrough. I just want a takeback; touch & move is for chess smile

Also, is there a list of things you can type in the developer's console? I know "editor" and I see that a lot like "SDF 75 5 1" have been mentioned here. Is "editor" the only one that doesn't require you to know the internal codes?

Can you be more specific? Or just PM me with details of exactly what you did and what you wish you'd done. I think it may be possible.

As for some SDF codes, they don't exist as such in many cases. I started using them to avoid editing for people who weren't comfortable with it, as well as easy reference for myself on subsequent replays.

So, yes and no. There is a list of cheat codes already in game. They're mentioned in various places, including earlier posts in this thread. Many of the SDF's were made by reading the scripts and making one for a specific purpose. So, no list.

There's nothing evil about all caps, obviously, but it is annoying. The fact is that the vast majority of people who read this forum, and especially the active topics list, do not care about the gold cheat. I don't mean to denigrate the cheat here, but to put it in proper perspective. By the standard you used to make its title so fancy, probably 1 out of 4 or 5 topics here would be in all caps.

Drawing undue attention to something is generally considered annoying anywhere, internet or not.

Originally Posted By: Slarty
There's nothing evil about all caps, obviously, but it is annoying. The fact is that the vast majority of people who read this forum, and especially the active topics list, do not care about the gold cheat. I don't mean to denigrate the cheat here, but to put it in proper perspective. By the standard you used to make its title so fancy, probably 1 out of 4 or 5 topics here would be in all caps.

Drawing undue attention to something is generally considered annoying anywhere, internet or not.

You are absolutely right. *bump* I toned down the title to the entire thread last night as well.

Got excited about finding a way to do the gold cheat as I'd been looking for a way to do that for 2 years. Got carried away. Won't happen again. smile

Note: Mushroom ale may account for some of the excitement. (No excuse, a reason.) (grin) Will try to check up on myself the next day! Just to be sure. grin

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I'd like to know, how do I remove certain quests from my list? I did the "Lysstak's Spies" quest in the wrong order (I questioned one person, acted on her information, then questioned another person and acted on his information; apparently you're meant to question both people first and THEN act on their information, get ambushed and then present your evidence to complete the quest...)

I also want to remove the "Mined Crystals" quest from Fuller because I'm damned if I'll be returning to Harkin's Landing each time I get any mined crystals, and I know there's a vahnahtai that buys them too later on in the game.

This isn't my first play through; it's just the first time I've played in about a year... I'm playing on medium and using the Editor (whee, arcane blast at full power on a bunch of mooky bandits!)

Even if you catch all the spies, the Lysstak's Spies quest won't be removed from your list until you talk to the quest-giver after killing Lysstak.

There's nothing you can really do about removing the infinite item-collection quests from your list. Just ignore them: you can remove them by editing scripts, but it's not as if they do any harm by being there.

By the way, if you don't plan to do any more trading with Fuller, feel free to rob his basement. He's got some good stuff down there.

• 10 months later...
Originally Posted By: -=microphage=-

Make Harkins Landing like you again.[/b]

Leave area by running away if you can or shift-d then backtostart if you can't.

type shift-D and type:

SDF 35 1 0

hit ENTER and travel back to Harkins Landing.

Didn't work for me. frown Does it make a difference if you released the drake from its prison?

[edit]
Nix that. I tried a few more times, also using the portals to move back and forth and it worked.

However: Is there a way to reset and flag the Stone Circle quest as completed? I screwed that one up and would like to learn Resistance from Incantor Foramon. Thanks!