A Second Geneforge RP OOC

Acky

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well my ending is that:

Dymas's buracraticness takes control of the Doctors army. They then retreat into their sanctuary, sadened after so many losses. Hypno and Vidara fight to their deaths, bravley in Kayar but cannot stop their enemies. They take the location of the Vault/Sanctuary to their graves. The remaining doctors live quitely on, not influcening terresita in any significant way.

This ending was more or less the one I had planned shuld the RP end like this . I think communication is the biggest downfall for these things.

Originally Posted By: Tullegolar
I'm always disappointed to see an RP die, especially since it seems most people who are participating are still here. Spddn seems absent, so I don't see why the Doctors should be destroyed by him so easily. Especially since I was just about to reinforce them with some ur-serviles. Whatever other people's endings are, I will hold my territory. Once people have tasted representation, they rarely regress. The overlord does not have the people on his side, so he would fail eventually.

I'd be up for continuing, but if people want to end it, my lands are off-limits, I'll have something ready soon enough as well.

Hmm, this makes me want to bring back the old Avernum RP so I could write a conclusion to that. Did that get lost in a purging at some point?

-Emperor Tullegolar

Oh, and for the record, I plan all of my RP characters after real historical characters or prominent characters in works of fiction. Dantius, in this case, was based off the Mule in Foundation: he builds an empire off of his powers, but after he dies, it simply collapses under its own weight. It can't sustain itself without its founder.

Originally Posted By: Lord Safey
I'm not sure how I want to end the overlord.

Well, since the goal is to eliminate yourself and your faction from play, you could just have him go totally off the wall and destroy his own faction before committing suicide in an insanely ostentatious and fancy way. Should solve the problem.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
I think not, Nalyd. If you are talking about Mote, then I would be very surprised if someone did not guess who I was based off of after I posted this...

For the record, I still have no idea. But I'm too distracted with, you know, actually running the game. tongue

Hmm, this makes me want to bring back the old Avernum RP so I could write a conclusion to that. Did that get lost in a purging at some point?

Yep, the original threads bought it a while back. Unfortunately. But then again, there were still enough prominent players present at the end that writing a group conclusion would've been a nightmare. Oh right, and the freakin hordes of rakshasi.

If you want, Safey, I could write up a dramatic final battle between the Overlord and Learned Vess where they kill each other and level cities in the process. This would leave the peaceful President Fand to rule Terrestia, a happy ending, if you're into that sort of thing. Or I could PM you with other ideas, if you're interested.

On the Avernum RP: I could have written up a stellar conclusion for that thing. First off, the Rakshashi were gone already, so they were no longer an issue. It would have ended with my Lady Calpurnia taking her rightful place as Empress of the Empire. Calpurnia the Exile, the only Imperial ruler ever to have been an Avernum resident herself at one point. She would have made Nioca's character as the High Priest of the new state religion, Dintiradan's character the new Arch-Mage of a more magic friendly Empire, and Nikki's character would have become her Prince-Consort and father to the new line of rulers. In Avernum, her son Edward would have become King Edward the Cruel of Avernum, and the old king would end up in Alec's Abyss, probably. Angelo would have been killed trying to negotiate with the Hunters, which would have sparked a massive war between them and the new Empire that would have eliminated them eventually. Damn, wish that thread wasn't gone. I would have loved to go into detail and make cool pictures to go along with some of those events. Alas.

-Emperor Tullegolar

Originally Posted By: Nioca
If you want, Safey, I could write up a dramatic final battle between the Overlord and Learned Vess where they kill each other and level cities in the process. This would leave the peaceful President Fand to rule Terrestia, a happy ending, if you're into that sort of thing. Or I could PM you with other ideas, if you're interested.

On the Avernum RP: I could have written up a stellar conclusion for that thing. First off, the Rakshashi were gone already, so they were no longer an issue. It would have ended with my Lady Calpurnia taking her rightful place as Empress of the Empire. Calpurnia the Exile, the only Imperial ruler ever to have been an Avernum resident herself at one point. She would have made Nioca's character as the High Priest of the new state religion, Dintiradan's character the new Arch-Mage of a more magic friendly Empire, and Nikki's character would have become her Prince-Consort and father to the new line of rulers. In Avernum, her son Edward would have become King Edward the Cruel of Avernum, and the old king would end up in Alec's Abyss, probably. Angelo would have been killed trying to negotiate with the Hunters, which would have sparked a massive war between them and the new Empire that would have eliminated them eventually. Damn, wish that thread wasn't gone. I would have loved to go into detail and make cool pictures to go along with some of those events. Alas.

-Emperor Tullegolar

I'm interested shoot a few ideas at me. I'm not necessarily inserted in a happy ending for Terristra (not saying the Overlord has to win though)