A6 - Slith Spy

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic
kamfer kamfer

New Arrival

• Member ID: 6,181
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:38 AM #1 A6 - Slith Spy

I've been trying for a while now but I can't figure out the quest named "Bounty: Slith Spy" where you're supposed to find a horde spy northeast of Fort Dranlon...

When I first got to Fort Dranlon there were three "Horde Spy" guys at the hill SW in the square east of Fort Dranlon, and I killed them before I got the quest from the job board and now I can't claim the bounty... is this a bug? (I don't want to reload to a save before getting there because I've covered too much ground since.)

There's another fellow called Veress'yss just to the north but he seems unkillable in that fight since he always escapes no matter how hard you pummel him. Unrelated?

Monroe Monroe

Shaman

• Member ID: 6,468
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:41 AM #2 A6 - Slith Spy

Veress'yss is the one you are looking for.  When he escapes, you're supposed to chase him.  You can't jump down the hole like he did, I guess you don't have the ninja skills, but there are other ways to get down there.
"he just crumpled up like the tutorial rats" -elchipeo

kamfer kamfer

New Arrival

• Member ID: 6,181
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:49 AM #3 A6 - Slith Spy

Oh darn, why didn't I think of that... I just figured he crawled back up right away because he kept coming back to that spot! I know just where to look, too! Thanks smile

rampancy rampancy

Citizen

• Member ID: 5,655
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:15 PM #4 A6 - Slith Spy

I've been having trouble with this quest too. Specifically where should I look after he's dived down the hole? It seems like I've searched everywhere between Cotra, Silvar, and Fort Dranlon (both in the tunnels and above ground) and I can't find him.

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,886 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:23 PM #5 A6 - Slith Spy

Go east from where he dives in and find a route below.  Then head back west towards where you fought him to find a portal.  Buff and jump in because you are almost there.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

gnesterenko gnesterenko

Citizen

• Member ID: 1,530
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:04 AM #6 A6 - Slith Spy

Had trouble with this quest at my buddies... may be a bug.

We fought this guy on the surface until he jumped down the hole, but before getting the quest. So I decided it would be a better idea to get the quest to kill him before chasing him below. Did so, came back to the caves underneath, went through the portal.

The room is empty and Veress'yss and his alleged lizards never spawn. Anyone else see this before?

Dikiyoba Dikiyoba

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,222
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:33 AM #7 A6 - Slith Spy

If you chase him below but then leave the area without finishing him off, you'll have to do the first fight over again. He should be waiting on the surface where you originally met him.

Dikiyoba.

gnesterenko gnesterenko

Citizen

• Member ID: 1,530
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:57 PM #8 A6 - Slith Spy

indeed he was, thanks!

Daisy Munchkin Daisy Munchkin

Citizen

• Member ID: 5,940
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:46 PM #9 A6 - Slith Spy

I'm having lots of trouble with this quest too.  I get Veress'Yss to jump down the hole, and then when I follow below to try and finish him off, cannot get into the room where he has holed up with his beasts.  There is a portcullis closing off access to the room, and the wheel is on the inside.  I cannot figure out how to open this room.  I presume the room access is on the inside, (other than the wheel?) but cannot find the entry, and, Lord knows, I've traipsed up and down this particular stretch of countryside, both on the surface and below.  I'm almost to the point of throwing the laptop out the window, but it cost me too much!  Is this a bug, of just being far to clever?  Heeeellllllppppp!

Dikiyoba Dikiyoba

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,222
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:54 PM #10 A6 - Slith Spy

There is another tunnel just south of where Veress'Yss is hiding. At the end of the tunnel is a portal. Enter it, and it'll transport you to the correct side of the gate.

Dikiyoba.

Citizen

• 19 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:15 PM #11 A6 - Slith Spy

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!  You have just saved my sanity.  I don't know if I ever would have found that portal without help.  It is hiding in plain sight, but then I should have realised.  This is one tricky game, guess that is why I play into the wee, small hours.  Talk about addiction.  Daise

The Ninjas Doom The Ninjas Doom

Mercenary

• Member ID: 6,944
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:00 PM #12 A6 - Slith Spy

Originally Posted By: Daisy Munchkin
my sanity.
you are supost to leave that at the door
call me doom .

if you dont like the weather, wait five minutes

Citizen

• 19 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:32 PM #13 A6 - Slith Spy

along with Sanity Claus no doubt....   crazy

MissSea MissSea

Soldier

• Member ID: 6,760
  • 118 posts
  • LocationSomeplace warm and sunny

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:36 AM #14 A6 - Slith Spy

Incidentally, I found this area prior to getting the quest and defeated the undead henchmen. Then, when I got the quest and found him again, it was just him to beat. So sad for Veress'yss! laugh

MissSea smile
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ~Confucius

Earth Empires Earth Empires

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,661
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:48 PM #15 A6 - Slith Spy

he had allies when i fought against him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users